The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree37Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2013, 12:52 AM

rickf is just really nicerickf is just really nicerickf is just really nicerickf is just really nice
Default Thank God, fall is coming!

"one by one, my leaves will fall"

don't say adios

say adios, goodbye!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlT3TFU4kTw

"and who can say if your love for fly fishing will grow, only time"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6g2BoHQGwk

Last edited by rickf; 08-29-2013 at 01:09 AM.
Old 08-29-2013, 02:19 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Thank God, fall is coming!

I listen to a lot of Enya and Take some pictures of things here. I really enjoyed that!

Thanks Rick, hope you like these too.......

Click the image to open in full size.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 08-29-2013, 03:04 AM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Beautiful shots Ard! Thankfully fall is almost here and the fish really put the feed bag on! Best season for me!
Hardyreels likes this.
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 08-29-2013, 08:17 AM

busbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to behold

HOLY COW, ARD! Those are some wonderful pictures!!

I seriously have to get to Alaska at some point. My wife is not into fishing at all but I think she would be into a cruise...but I cannot convince her that an Alaskan cruise is better than a Caribbean cruise....

I really want to see a whale at some point in my life. And seeing a wild Bald Eagle is right after that. But, from what I hear, the eagles are making somewhat of a comeback in Pennsylvania, so I have a shot at seeing one of those.

I was just thinking of fall last night as I was driving home from work. It is the best time of year, for me, and I love it because people in Western Pennsylvania turn in their rods for guns in the autumn and there is a whole lot more space along the water. Plus the weather is the best and the scenery is awesome.

You are really lucky to be living the dream in a place like Alaska. I only have one regret in this life, which ain't too bad, and that was not taking a chance to go to Alaska way back in 1979 to work on the oil pipeline. Four of us were mapping it out one day as we were drinking (underage) in a bar and we were thiiiiiiiiiiiiiis close--until one knucklehead spoiled it all and said that, between the four of us, we didn't have a vehicle that could make it to Cleveland let alone Alaska. Especially when you HAD to have a four wheel drive to get there back then.

We still should have gone for it. I think of that fateful night at least monthly.

ray
Hardyreels, shotgunfly and yonder like this.
Old 08-29-2013, 10:54 AM

Eddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to behold

Those pictures are absolutley stunning Ard, thanks for sharing
Hardyreels likes this.
Old 08-29-2013, 11:09 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys,

I had watched and listened to the 2 Enya links and the pictures were so good that I considered figuring out how to do my own slide & music shows. I've been carrying that new little camera lately but will be taking the Nikon with the lens bag along on some fall fishing and road trips through September. I hope that I can capture a few more good images this year.

I'll put together a good long slide show and figure out how to create a link for it, I've got a lot of pictures.

Old 08-29-2013, 12:19 PM
Business Member

CutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to behold

Wow,
Ard, those shots are amazing. If anything will draw people out there for a trip, it is shots like that. Thanks for sharing. What a Beautiful place...

Mike
Hand Woven Furled Leaders
Site: http://www.cutthroatfurledleaders.com/
email. mike@cutthroatleader.com
Old 08-29-2013, 01:42 PM
Administrator

This was taken on a really good trout & grayling river in late fall, I like the shot because it looks so lonely.

More, did someone say more??

Oops, how did those fish shots sneak in there

Old 08-29-2013, 01:59 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Ard: Wow, those are spectacular photos!

The aspen trees around Pinedale are just starting to turn color, it won't be long before we have some stunning fall colors.

Larry

Old 08-29-2013, 03:08 PM

quijibo has a spectacular aura aboutquijibo has a spectacular aura aboutquijibo has a spectacular aura about

Stunning. Beautiful place there