The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2013, 06:45 PM

fq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of light
Default How to post pictures?

I am a total idiot when it comes to computers, an analog guy in a digital world. So, how do I get some cool photos out of my camera and into a post? Thanks.
Old 08-31-2013, 06:58 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How to post pictures?

Getting them from your camera onto your computer will depend on your camera / software. usually plugging the camera into the computer using the provided cord will get the process going.

As for moving them from your comp onto the forum, check out this thread, and this one.
Old 08-31-2013, 07:02 PM

bigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud of

Upload them to a hosting site such as Photobucket, then use the little square yellow icon with the mountains on it that's at the top of the reply box. That's the image icon, and cut & paste the photo URL. The URL is the address of the image.

Or, in Photobucket, there is a direct URL labeled "IMG" which can be copied & pasted right into a reply.

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!
Old 08-31-2013, 07:16 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

This link is pretty detailed, however Photo Bucket has upgraded their hosting software since I wrote the instructions. I need to revise the information but it is good enough to get you started. http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/fo...to-bucket.html

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 09-01-2013, 12:39 PM

duker is just really niceduker is just really niceduker is just really niceduker is just really niceduker is just really nice

There's just no way to post pics without using a site like photobucket, am I right? I've tried numerous times to open a gallery and/or download directly from iPhoto to no avail. Apparently my file size is too large.

Scott
Old 09-01-2013, 12:52 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute

Duker, yeah you can post using just the forum but you have to resize all your pics down to an acceptable size. I don't find it worth it and would rather use photobucket. I know some people don't like photobucket and prefer other sites but I haven't had any issues.
Old 09-01-2013, 01:26 PM

bigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud of

Since Photobucket has made recent changes, the only complaint I have is it's slower, and occasionally, my pics seem to get lost so they don't show in my library as they should. But, other than that, I've also had no problems with using them. It's free, so I get what I pay for!

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!