The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 6 Post By fredaevans
  • 1 Post By fredaevans

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2013, 03:07 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Bruse Willis, a very 'stand up guy.'

We may know his movies, but do we actually know 'The Man?'

Bruce Willis helps feed Beaver Creek firefighters

by ROBERT PACE, Entertainment Tonight & KTVB.COM

Posted on August 29, 2013 at 4:40 PM

SUN VALLEY -- As wildfires blaze through Idaho, Bruce Willis is expressing his personal gratitude to the firefighters who are battling the inferno by treating them to meals.

Willis, who has multiple residences in Sun Valley, Idaho, arranged a catering service to feed around 450 firefighters at the Beaver Creek Fire, for both lunch and dinner beginning Friday.

The 57-year-old actor is also financing a food program to provide snacks to the firefighters as they relocate to other fires.

"Like all of my fellow Idaho residents, I want to extend my most sincere and grateful thanks to the firefighters and first-responders which include the helicopter and airplane pilots who have been flying for day in and day out, who risked life and limb to battle the horrific Beaver Creek Fire in Idaho," Willis said.

"You are the men and women who put your lives at risk to protect ours on a daily basis, but it is at moments like these that your heroism comes to the forefront of our nation's consciousness. On behalf of me and my family, please know that there will never be enough words to express our deepest appreciation for your ever-present dedication and bravery," he added.

In return for his generous contribution to the base camp, the firefighters made Willis a unique fountain comprised of pipes and nozzles.
Old 09-01-2013, 03:19 PM

von behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud of
Thumbs up Re: Bruse Willis, a very 'stand up guy.'

That was a very nice thing he did for those firefighters. Having a wildfire threaten your home is one of those things that really provides perspective. It is one of Mother Nature's ways of showing us how insignificant we really are and how little control we actually have over our environment.

I'm sure those firefighters appreciated what he did for them.
Old 09-01-2013, 03:50 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Bruse Willis, a very 'stand up guy.'

I have a friend who lives in Sun Valley part of the year. He told me that this guy is "a great guy" see's him often and has done some work for him.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 09-01-2013, 03:54 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by von behr View Post
That was a very nice thing he did for those firefighters. Having a wildfire threaten your home is one of those things that really provides perspective. It is one of Mother Nature's ways of showing us how insignificant we really are and how little control we actually have over our environment.

I'm sure those firefighters appreciated what he did for them.
From a bit of research, still doing. Just feeding/housing (tents) these crews (4,500 at Yosemite) is costing millions every day. Last I saw there were 50 active fires here in the Western United States.

'War' on fire. Years back (lots) and I was recruited (you had no vote, it was Washington State Law) to help feed the crews. Sr. Management said 'Stay there as long as needed, do you need clothing?' Answer was 'yes,' I had two three piece suits and a couple of changes of underwear. None of which was 'clean.'

Issued an orange fire suit and you're on your own from there. For a 'bath' just strip everything off and flop down in a river/stream and use bottom sand for soap. Not even the ladies gave you a second glance ... they were doing the same.

Amazing what FedEx can do (clothing); got back to my desk job a bit short of three weeks later and I looked like a train wreck. Ever sit in you office chair and fall asleep sitting up?

fae
littledavid123 likes this.
Old 09-01-2013, 05:08 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Fred
That is indeed a great story about Bruce Willis.......very generous gesture to the fire fighters!

Larry