The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2013, 02:48 PM

stimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Summer's Over

Here in WNC we are supposed to be cooling into the 50's at night 70's during the day its a little early here the browns are just killing Pheasent tail nymphs and are coloring up good water temps are in the high 50s to low 60s.Fall is on the way.
Old 09-03-2013, 02:49 PM
mridenour

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimulator2 View Post
Here in WNC we are supposed to be cooling into the 50's at night 70's during the day its a little early here the browns are just killing Pheasent tail nymphs and are coloring up good water temps are in the high 50s to low 60s.Fall is on the way.
Wow, that sounds awesome!
Old 09-03-2013, 04:37 PM

rockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to all

I think Al would disagree with you. Global warming is here . I think we're going to get wacked up here this winter.
Old 09-03-2013, 04:44 PM

shimloom will become famous soon enough

Still hot in So. Cal., but in the mountains where I live the evenings are a smidge cooler.

Craig
Old 09-03-2013, 06:51 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

This was a cool summer in South Texas, just a few days over 100, but then again, it hasn't been below 90 since May.

Dave
Old 09-03-2013, 07:29 PM

fly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to behold

David,,I hope that later we have a prolonged Indian Summer here. Well,,WE call it 'Orvis Summer.'

(hows that for sucking up points ?!!) LOL

I do wish I'd cool some more in the days,,the nights are cooling off already. Fishing tomorrow and 'might' have a report..if it's not toooo embarrassing ! The morning will be nice,,and the evening. But it's to be 75 plus (read low 80s) during the afternoon. We'll see.

Mike
littledavid123 likes this.
Old 09-03-2013, 07:46 PM

milt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond repute

September 1, 1950 the high temperature in Mecca, CA hit 126 degrees (52 c). It remains the highest ever recorded in the U.S. in September. No, I was not present, but Slab City is just down the road. Not that hot today, but this consarn humidity! milt
Old 09-03-2013, 10:02 PM
mcallagan is on a distinguished road

YeeeHaw

It's over and the salmon are starting to run up the Fraser River and the DFO {Department of Fisheries & Oceans} has opened it up for recreational fishers!!!!!!

I love the fall
littledavid123 likes this.

Last edited by mcallagan; 09-04-2013 at 03:01 PM.
Old 09-20-2013, 01:15 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledavid123 View Post
Nah,

Aside from a deluge that lasted the first 2 weeks of August South Central is on track for a great fall so far. The trees still have the leaves but a first frost will turn them quick.

I'm headed for the cabin and then on up river to trout fish tomorrow (September 20) for 4 days or so. I'll be taking the Nikon and tripod along and hope to bring home some good photographs of fall out in the Interior.

One notable thing is that this summer at Hewitt Lake everyone's thermometers read the same on the day we hit 100* F I have been in that cabin when it was -46 and when it was +100, quite a range.

After this trip I'll have things ready for winter out there I hope. Sooner than you know I'll be headed there on a Skidoo instead of a river boat.......

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;