The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree98Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2013, 08:01 AM

grouch has a spectacular aura aboutgrouch has a spectacular aura aboutgrouch has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: The wives don't understand...

My wife is very understanding and never questions anything I do with my fishing or other hobbies. The best part is her having the bed all warm and cozy when I get back at 3am and cold to the core. It never fails, I do my best to stay quiet but as soon as I crawl into bed she rolls over and asks how I made out.
Old 09-07-2013, 02:18 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by siege View Post
They say marriage is a wonderfull institution....
with a lot of commitment.
And it's a fact that married men live longer.

So if you want to spend a long time committed to an institution,
Get married !

My wife enjoys it when the boys come over and cast yarn bits and rehash fishing stories in the back yard, 'cause they bring the girls with them, and they do craft projects indoors. It works for everybody
My vote for "Post of the Day."
Old 09-09-2013, 07:43 AM

mridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud of

Well, my fishing buddy's wife is my wife's best friend, so when me and Rick get together to go fishing, they get together to do whatever. Soooo, they kind of encourage us to fish so that they can engage in their own craziness. When they get together it is nuts.

Me and Rick wanted to fish for two weeks in Wyoming this summer. The wives thought it was a great idea! They went to the Bahamas.
fredaevans and waterfordcreek like this.
Old 09-09-2013, 10:16 PM

skrap is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mridenour View Post
Well, my fishing buddy's wife is my wife's best friend, so when me and Rick get together to go fishing, they get together to do whatever. Soooo, they kind of encourage us to fish so that they can engage in their own craziness. When they get together it is nuts.

Me and Rick wanted to fish for two weeks in Wyoming this summer. The wives thought it was a great idea! They went to the Bahamas.
Wives went to the Bahamas? Is this why everybody says fly fishing is so expensive?
mridenour likes this.
Old 09-10-2013, 12:30 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Red face Re: The wives don't understand...

Quote:
Originally Posted by skrap View Post
Wives went to the Bahamas? Is this why everybody says fly fishing is so expensive?
No 'Wooo Man' are very expensive.
mridenour likes this.
Old 09-10-2013, 06:53 AM

mridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by skrap View Post
Worth every penny!!!
Old 09-11-2013, 12:08 AM

fq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of light

Dumbest thing I ever did was let a woman who owned more flyrods then I did, and was getting her sea plane pilots licence, get away. Add to that she was a doctor who had the libido of a fifteen year old boy to the mix and if I live to be a hundred I'll never be able to explain exactly what the hell I was thinking. As it is I just hope for a woman who will tolerate my eccentricities, after all, it beats playing golf.
mridenour and cab like this.
Old 09-11-2013, 12:33 AM

Wink Re: The wives don't understand...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fq13 View Post
Dumbest thing I ever did was let a woman who owned more flyrods then I did, and was getting her sea plane pilots licence, get away. Add to that she was a doctor who had the libido of a fifteen year old boy to the mix and if I live to be a hundred I'll never be able to explain exactly what the hell I was thinking. As it is I just hope for a woman who will tolerate my eccentricities, after all, it beats playing golf.
Would you mind PM'ing me her name and phone number?
mridenour likes this.
Old 09-11-2013, 01:00 AM

fq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
Would you mind PM'ing me her name and phone number?
It'll cost you. Plus I have to warn you up front that she likes single malt scotch, forty bucks a glass, so not a cheap date. But well worth it. Hell, the woman played bluegrass mandolin and drove a classic Alpha Spider . I am truly the world's biggest idiot.
Old 09-11-2013, 02:26 AM

fly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to behold

Showed Toni the pic of the new Orvis glass rods coming out,,she said "It's another fly rod, am I missing something ?'

I went in for counseling today. My doctor doesn't understand her coldness of emotion either !

I can tell my boxer dog, Heidi is all excited for me. I can mention that 7 1/2', 4wt, magical glass scepter in excited terms and she wags her tail like crazy !

Showed her a couple #22 Adams trudes I'd tied tonite,,,she said 'That won't fill a trout up, you sure they'll put effort into hitting that little thing?'

I'm up at 3thirty AM nearly now, pondering the logic on that one,,,,,,,,,,,,ummmmm Maybe she said THAT to hurt me too ?

Mike
busbus and mridenour like this.