The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/general-discussion/)
-   -   The wives don't understand... (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/general-discussion/330452-wives-dont-understand.html)

mridenour 09-06-2013 08:27 AM

The wives don't understand...

My buddy and I were laughed at for fishing in the front yard last night. We busted out the 9WT and made some casts in the grass in preparation for our trip to Michigan in a few weeks. Our wives thought it was funny and were attempting to get pictures of us fishing for grass to post on Facebook. We foiled their attempts to make fun of us in social media but they still had a good laugh.:rolleyes:

They just don't understand us.

jaybo41 09-06-2013 08:58 AM

Re: The wives don't understand...

No wife to speak of, but my some of my neighbors look at me like I have 3 heads often when I'm in the back yard casting. Some of them are used to it by now.:D

turbineblade 09-06-2013 09:16 AM

My wife fishes along with me 100% of the time I'm on the water -- in all weather and stream conditions. I can't say I relate to this ;).

mridenour 09-06-2013 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbineblade (Post 589022)
My wife fishes along with me 100% of the time I'm on the water -- in all weather and stream conditions. I can't say I relate to this ;).

My wife only fishes once in a while and only while the fish are biting. She thinks I am crazy.

streamborn_jr77 09-06-2013 09:26 AM

lol yard casting been doing if for years!!! once I cast across the street (i was like 11) and snagged a car as it went bye you wanna talk about some line getting peeled off your reel lol..... My pops was right next to me thought it was the funniest thing ever lol

mridenour 09-06-2013 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by streamborn_jr77 (Post 589024)
lol yard casting been doing if for years!!! once I cast across the street (i was like 11) and snagged a car as it went bye you wanna talk about some line getting peeled off your reel lol..... My pops was right next to me thought it was the funniest thing ever lol

That is awesome!!! I would love to have seen that. Heck, I would love to do that. I might grab an old cheapo outfit from the garage and try to catch the mailman.

yonder 09-06-2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mridenour (Post 589026)
That is awesome!!! I would love to have seen that. Heck, I would love to do that. I might grab an old cheapo outfit from the garage and try to catch the mailman.

Alright now........y'all git your butts back up here in the yard, and quit playing in the street..........:D:D:D..........seriously, I have heard that hooking those october albacore off the N.C. coast are like hooking into a car going down the interstate!!! Yes, I have pondered the notion of playing in the street myself!!:D:D....and no, my wife doesn't understand either......why so many flyrods, and what is this whole catch and release thing all about????? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

mridenour 09-06-2013 10:42 AM

My Facebook account is loaded with comments like "Ya mean you didn't even keep one fish and eat it???" "Please tell me you ate some of those!!!"

Lots of people don't understand C&R!!!

stl_geoff 09-06-2013 12:15 PM

My wife just looks the other way when I do that. The neighbors on the other hand, are generally confused. One neighbor bet me I couldnt hit his car as he drove away......challange accepted!! I hit the back glass of his SUV dead center with a giant thud from a 10wt saltwater line. He seemed alittle unammused I was actually able to hit him. I also get asked how the grass and trees taste when I catch them....they are usually a bit rough to get down!!!

axle27 09-06-2013 12:16 PM

I think they understand us about as well as we understand them.

Next time, tell them you are fishing for grass carp.