The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree98Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2013, 08:27 AM

mridenour is a splendid one to beholdmridenour is a splendid one to beholdmridenour is a splendid one to beholdmridenour is a splendid one to beholdmridenour is a splendid one to beholdmridenour is a splendid one to beholdmridenour is a splendid one to beholdmridenour is a splendid one to behold
Default The wives don't understand...

My buddy and I were laughed at for fishing in the front yard last night. We busted out the 9WT and made some casts in the grass in preparation for our trip to Michigan in a few weeks. Our wives thought it was funny and were attempting to get pictures of us fishing for grass to post on Facebook. We foiled their attempts to make fun of us in social media but they still had a good laugh.

They just don't understand us.
Old 09-06-2013, 08:58 AM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The wives don't understand...

No wife to speak of, but my some of my neighbors look at me like I have 3 heads often when I'm in the back yard casting. Some of them are used to it by now.
mcnerney, mridenour and yonder like this.
Old 09-06-2013, 09:16 AM

turbineblade is just really niceturbineblade is just really niceturbineblade is just really niceturbineblade is just really nice

My wife fishes along with me 100% of the time I'm on the water -- in all weather and stream conditions. I can't say I relate to this .
Old 09-06-2013, 09:17 AM

mridenour is a splendid one to beholdmridenour is a splendid one to beholdmridenour is a splendid one to beholdmridenour is a splendid one to beholdmridenour is a splendid one to beholdmridenour is a splendid one to beholdmridenour is a splendid one to beholdmridenour is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbineblade View Post
My wife fishes along with me 100% of the time I'm on the water -- in all weather and stream conditions. I can't say I relate to this .
My wife only fishes once in a while and only while the fish are biting. She thinks I am crazy.
Old 09-06-2013, 09:26 AM

streamborn_jr77 is on a distinguished road

lol yard casting been doing if for years!!! once I cast across the street (i was like 11) and snagged a car as it went bye you wanna talk about some line getting peeled off your reel lol..... My pops was right next to me thought it was the funniest thing ever lol
Old 09-06-2013, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by streamborn_jr77 View Post
lol yard casting been doing if for years!!! once I cast across the street (i was like 11) and snagged a car as it went bye you wanna talk about some line getting peeled off your reel lol..... My pops was right next to me thought it was the funniest thing ever lol
That is awesome!!! I would love to have seen that. Heck, I would love to do that. I might grab an old cheapo outfit from the garage and try to catch the mailman.
busbus and yonder like this.
Old 09-06-2013, 10:33 AM

yonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mridenour View Post
That is awesome!!! I would love to have seen that. Heck, I would love to do that. I might grab an old cheapo outfit from the garage and try to catch the mailman.
Alright now........y'all git your butts back up here in the yard, and quit playing in the street....................seriously, I have heard that hooking those october albacore off the N.C. coast are like hooking into a car going down the interstate!!! Yes, I have pondered the notion of playing in the street myself!!....and no, my wife doesn't understand either......why so many flyrods, and what is this whole catch and release thing all about?????
mridenour likes this.

Here I walk slowly, deliberately, taking it one step, one trout, one sunset at a time. -Harry Middleton
Old 09-06-2013, 10:42 AM

My Facebook account is loaded with comments like "Ya mean you didn't even keep one fish and eat it???" "Please tell me you ate some of those!!!"

Lots of people don't understand C&R!!!
mcnerney and yonder like this.
Old 09-06-2013, 12:15 PM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

My wife just looks the other way when I do that. The neighbors on the other hand, are generally confused. One neighbor bet me I couldnt hit his car as he drove away......challange accepted!! I hit the back glass of his SUV dead center with a giant thud from a 10wt saltwater line. He seemed alittle unammused I was actually able to hit him. I also get asked how the grass and trees taste when I catch them....they are usually a bit rough to get down!!!
mcnerney, mridenour and yonder like this.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 09-06-2013, 12:16 PM

axle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud of

I think they understand us about as well as we understand them.

Next time, tell them you are fishing for grass carp.
mridenour and siege like this.