The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2008, 10:10 AM

Nolegsinmiami is on a distinguished road
Default Small Boat Guide / Charter Recommendation for Los Suenos

I am heading to Los Suenos over memorial weekend and looking for a fly fishing guide recommendation. Since I will be fishing by myself, I am hoping to find a smaller more economical boat maybe something that is 20-25ft range or smaller. Any recommendations or advice will be much appreciated.
Old 02-11-2008, 04:48 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: Small Boat Guide / Charter Recommendation for Los Suenos

Hi Nolegsinmiami,

I am not surprised that no one has answered your post. Los Suenos is known mostly for its off shore fishing. I don't think they have much, if any, flats fishing. You better make sure you take all of your gear and flies. I don't think you can buy flies there. You might find some action on Rooster Fish or Snook. I have never been there and don't know much about whats available. When I was in Panama I found a local fishermen who had a boat with a little motor on it. That was the best I could do. He didn't understand sport fishing at all.

Frank
Old 02-11-2008, 08:01 PM

Nolegsinmiami is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the note Frank. I am not looking for flats fishing per-se (I dont belive there are flats there), I am looking for a smaller and cheaper charter boat to chase the roosterfish, dolphin, and even sailfish. In Florida you can fish for everything from a 23-25 ft center console boat. Many of the boats that I am finding online in Los Suenos are 30-50ft at $1,200 + per day which is much more than one person needs. Thanks!!
Old 02-12-2008, 12:16 AM

dorian.ducker is just really nicedorian.ducker is just really nicedorian.ducker is just really nicedorian.ducker is just really nicedorian.ducker is just really nice

I can't help you with the fishing aspect, as I've never fished there. However, I did spend 10 days at the Los Suenos resort a year ago. We had a GREAT time. There is a little restaurant near the resort called Juanita's that was good and affordable. Also, spend time in the National park "Manuel Antonio" it is very beautiful and I wish we had spent more time there. Have a blast!

P.S. We do plan on going back in a year or two and would love to hear what you found out about fly fishing!