09-08-2013, 04:00 PM
' Toon Trip
My sons and I bought 3 used 9' pontoon boats, and got to try them out on a local reservoir this weekend.
Here's what we learned :
1. They are a lot of fun.
2. The wake from passing ski boats is not bad. Much better than fishing on a kayak.
3. Easy to row, goes straight and fast.
4. Can't make it go straight using an electric trolling motor.
5. Casting a flyrod while seated is fairy easy.
6. You can haul 3 pontoon boats on a small flat trailer and launch them in minutes.
7. Did I mention thay are a lot of fun ? They are !
You can always tell a fly fisherman. You just can't tell him much.
Last edited by siege; 09-08-2013 at 05:05 PM.