The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By cowpokey

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2013, 02:25 PM

stimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud of
Default October caddis early..

Caught this October Caddis on my door the other evening ,i think this is a couple weeks early.
Click the image to open in full size.
He had a nice orange color.
Old 09-12-2013, 01:42 AM

cowpokey is on a distinguished road
Default Re: October caddis early..

I tied up an orange version of JC's Electric Caddis Pupa just for this:

Click the image to open in full size.
mcnerney likes this.
Old 09-12-2013, 05:20 AM

ghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud of

I'd eat those things!
Old 09-12-2013, 06:25 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Shannon: I think you are correct, I've seen some also.

Old 09-12-2013, 07:17 AM

sandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to behold

there are several caddis this time of year with an orange color that are lumped together. one comes off before the oct. caddis in sept.
N.J.B.B.A. #2215

I did not escape.....they gave me a day pass!
from the outer edge of nowhere
fly tying and fishing Gillie..
Old 09-12-2013, 07:38 AM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

Kinda hard to tell from the picture but how big is it? The October Caddis' here are beasts, usually about an inch long.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 09-12-2013, 03:37 PM

stimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud of

It was about an inch a size 10 or maybe 8, not many but i am seeing a few at night.
Old 09-13-2013, 12:09 PM

diamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to all

If you don't mind me asking, what elevation is that at? I'm heading up above the Wilson DH waters this weekend. ~2700 ft. I guess I should probably tie some caddis tonight.