The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree50Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2013, 06:27 AM

ia_trouter is a splendid one to beholdia_trouter is a splendid one to beholdia_trouter is a splendid one to beholdia_trouter is a splendid one to beholdia_trouter is a splendid one to beholdia_trouter is a splendid one to beholdia_trouter is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Worst fishing gift ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJer View Post
One year my kids bought me about fifty red and white plastic bobbers from 1" up to 3". I may still have them around here somewhere.
So they've apparently observed your flyfishing?

J/K that punch might have been below the belt.

I've been gifted a few cardboard cutouts that are designed to display your fishing PICs. The cutouts had cool background words on them like "Fishing", pretty cheezy.
Old 09-16-2013, 09:43 AM

airwhipper is on a distinguished road

One of those combination spin casting/bait casting/fly fishing telescopic rods that all fits in a convenient plastic case to fit in your glove box. I think it was pay back for the time I gave my then future mother-in-law a box of Milk-Bone for mothers day. I wonder why she didn't like me. I can't figure it out.
Old 09-16-2013, 10:19 AM

nick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by pszy22 View Post
Billy Bass!

Click the image to open in full size.
More like BEST fishing gift ever! I still have mine...somewhere.
von behr likes this.
Old 09-16-2013, 10:22 AM
mridenour

Popeil Pocket Fisherman and a filet knife that cost a buck but was only worth half that.
Old 09-16-2013, 11:04 AM

king joe will become famous soon enough

Father in law...who typically doesn't spend a lot of time in gift selecting....who also knows I tie my own flies and such....

Got me a pack of commercial flies/streamers from Canadian Tire, a couple no-name plug lures and a boat-trolling rod holder.
...and I don't own a boat!!!
"umm....thanks Dad"

HAH

In my house, we have an agreement, my family does NOT buy me fishing or hunting stuff unless I directly tell them (i.e. heavy hint) exactly what I want.

King Joe Outa Here!

Last edited by king joe; 09-16-2013 at 11:05 AM. Reason: missed key point
Old 09-16-2013, 11:12 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

Been married 29 years and the only fishing related gift that my wife ever gave me was one of these rainbow trout pillows

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 09-16-2013, 11:19 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

I think they were made/sold by 'Able,' but basically toe nail clippers at fifty bucks a pop. You could go to Walmart and get a better tool for three bucks.
Old 09-16-2013, 01:28 PM

shimloom will become famous soon enough

Rip Tide, I got one of those as well. I think I drowned it somewhere? The worst was my X who gave me a fishing video with some old comedian Marty something or other. Looked so stupid I never watched it. Should have given it back in the divorce.

Craig
Old 09-16-2013, 04:57 PM

ia_trouter is a splendid one to beholdia_trouter is a splendid one to beholdia_trouter is a splendid one to beholdia_trouter is a splendid one to beholdia_trouter is a splendid one to beholdia_trouter is a splendid one to beholdia_trouter is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mridenour View Post
Popeil Pocket Fisherman and a filet knife that cost a buck but was only worth half that.
Ever use the PP Fisherman? Had a relative show up on a Northern Minnesota family vacation. She panfished with it. Looked like she was fishing with an electric knife.

And I had forgotten about Billy Bass. That is likely the most annoying thing I have ever been subjected to.
pszy22 likes this.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:49 PM

pa dave is a jewel in the roughpa dave is a jewel in the roughpa dave is a jewel in the rough

My In-Laws always get me something marvelously tacky. The worst was a pair of nearly iridescent blue suspenders with fish all over them. They were so ugly I felt bad giving them to the Salvation Army. They mean well, and I wish they would save the money. To tell them not to buy the things that they do would be to tell them they are tacky, and they are just too nice for that, so I suck it up and keep my mouth shut.
pszy22, littledavid123 and jbird like this.