The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree172Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2013, 06:34 PM

rogue runner is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Show us your boat

Here is a picture of mine from this morning. A 90% restored 1976 Aluma-Weld my buddies all call it the Willy-Weld because I used all Willy Parts when I was redoing it. The only thing left is a bow anchor system and exterior paint.

Click the image to open in full size.

Meep....Meep.
Old 09-22-2013, 07:33 PM

jbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by von behr View Post
I thought it would be cool if we showed pictures of our mode of transport when waving a stick on the water. It seems as though most of us have a tube, raft, pontoon, or some sort of water craft to get around. With the ingenuity of people on this forum, I'm sure there are some really cool customized models as well. Let's see what you've got and how you set it up.

-VB

Here's my Water Master:

Click the image to open in full size.Uploaded with ImageShack.com
Ive been looking for one of these! Whered you get it?
Old 09-22-2013, 07:57 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

Here we go. Picture heavy. Mine and Hubby's (this is what we have right now)

14' Gregor
Assault XX

Assault

2 Predators One with red seat and bag and one with blue

2 Outlaw X5 one red one yellow
Old 09-22-2013, 08:42 PM

von behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbird View Post
Ive been looking for one of these! Whered you get it?
Jay,

I ordered it directly from the manufacturer, and they shipped it to me. For a while, they were listed in Bass Pro, but not anymore. It's a great little boat that combines a float tube, a raft, and a pontoon all in one. They are made in Montana by Big Sky Inflatables.

I've had it for about four years, and it is very well made.

Their web address is Home Page

-VB
Hardyreels and jbird like this.
Old 09-22-2013, 10:45 PM

fly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to behold

I'm ashamed to show ya'll my ragged ol' fleet of two..! But it's a sit on top kayak and a Pelican Bass Raider 10ft. I like them both but the pontoon style Bass Raider,,while not big,,is as stable as a good size jon boat. Impresses me how it does for it's size. I use a 55thrust troller on it.

I'm starting to think that an inflatable pontoon'er would really be nice,,after seeing all of yours.

NICE BOATS FOLKS.

Mike
von behr likes this.
Old 09-23-2013, 03:06 AM

alex2 will become famous soon enough

He's a couple of pics of my little plastic machine.

Old 09-29-2013, 08:37 AM

mirabelasunshine is just really nicemirabelasunshine is just really nicemirabelasunshine is just really nicemirabelasunshine is just really nice

I saved every dollar I had the year I turned twelve and bought this. The next summer I had enough dough scraped together for the floorboards, motormount, battery, and the little Minn-Kota. It has served me well since 1983, although I'm starting to spend as much time patching it as fishing from it.
Joni, Hardyreels, von behr and 1 others like this.
Old 09-29-2013, 05:10 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirabelasunshine View Post

I saved every dollar I had the year I turned twelve and bought this. The next summer I had enough dough scraped together for the floorboards, motormount, battery, and the little Minn-Kota. It has served me well since 1983, although I'm starting to spend as much time patching it as fishing from it.
Do you have to license it? Here you would. Cool boat.
Old 09-29-2013, 05:45 PM

nc_cooter is a jewel in the roughnc_cooter is a jewel in the roughnc_cooter is a jewel in the roughnc_cooter is a jewel in the rough

Wow, y'all have some nice water craft. My wife and I have a small two seat pond boat. It's an 8 1/2ft, KLM Sportsman that we use on the pond near our home. I rigged our garden cart so we could tow it 400 yards to the pond with either the riding mower or the truck. Even though it's small, we have no trouble fly fishing from it.

Mike
Hardyreels and von behr like this.
Old 09-29-2013, 05:53 PM

mirabelasunshine is just really nicemirabelasunshine is just really nicemirabelasunshine is just really nicemirabelasunshine is just really nice

Quote:
Do you have to license it? Here you would. Cool boat.
Thanks. In theory I do have to license it. I never even realized that until a few years ago when I was looking into getting something bigger. I never have, though, and I've never been questioned about it. I think people see it and file it in their heads under "pool toy."