The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2013, 03:30 AM

tfrank is on a distinguished road
Default Re: I guess thats some sort of a "hat trick"

That's cool to get three of them. I spent a couple days trying for them. I haven't had much problem getting them to take. I've had a problem getting a solid hookset in the kayak. I've got to watch a few take clousers and they swam up behind it ,took and then backed away without turning. Where I was fishing is heavily pressured with over 400 days of bass tournaments being run out of this creek this year. Yeah, no extra zero, 400. That's a couple different circuits or sponsors or whatever they call it.

The Md. DNR is still shocking and removing them regularly. At least they aren't researching birth control or a spay/neuter program for them like the deer.
Old 09-20-2013, 08:32 AM

Flyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: I guess thats some sort of a "hat trick"

Quote:
I dispatched all three and threw them up on the point where I was fishing. About an hour later I saw the crows feasting on them. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust
you might have missed an opportunity here. I've heard they're excellent table fare for humans as well as crows.