The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By Hardyreels
  • 3 Post By siege
  • 5 Post By fly_guy12955
  • 1 Post By MoscaPescador

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2013, 10:17 PM

fly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to behold
Default Did I not tell ya'll ?

Ordered dry fly hackle material from a well known supplier and it appears the USPS might have lost them. I'm OK, I talked to them and they will re-send me my order if it doesn't appear by Monday, but I swear I have the worst luck with shippers. For some people lost stuff happens once or twice in a lifetime. It happens all the time for me. I just do not understand it.

Mike * The Cursed
Old 09-19-2013, 11:18 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Did I not tell ya'll ?

Hi Mike,

When the sender will agree to it I insist on USPS Priority with tracking on all my packages. I hope you get your stuff,

Ard
fredaevans likes this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 09-19-2013, 11:25 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Sometimes distribution points are hot beds for theft, 15 years ago it was never a good idea to ship a box by mail that went thru Atlanta.

Dave
Old 09-19-2013, 11:38 PM

siege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud of

Don't worry about it, Mike.

When you get to heaven, there will be a big 'ol cardboard box waiting for you. All those socks that disappeared from the dryer, those black pocket combs, 3 sets of keys, 2 flashlights, the chuck key for your drill, 27 Mepps lures, 214 flies, 4 handkerchiefs, a ring, 2 tie tacks, 21 quarters, 1 half dollar, 11 dimes, 6 nickles, a bus token, and everything that got lost in transit. All the UPS, Fed Ex, USPS.

Everything !

Each item can be cashed in up there to bring a good memory of you to someone who is left behind.

Feel better now ?
Old 09-20-2013, 12:02 AM

fly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to behold

Siege thank you ! I surely hope sooo !

Ard, I think I am going to start requesting tracking,etc. Even if it cost me a tad more it will probably be worth it. For me and the company both.

David, most firearm companies will only ship a handgun over-night, reg and tracked and insure to the max because of handguns being stolen during shipping. I hadn't heard about Atlanta specifically but I would not doubt it at all.

Cost the buyer more and more all the time for shipping and things STILL get lost all the time.

Oh well, I'm taking my nephew that has Downs fishing tomorrow evening and night. Will fish the lake for gills and bass during the evening and break out the catfish rods near dusk. The lad has been fishing a lot with met his year and is coming into his own as an angler. He hasn't taken up the fly rod yet but he ask me questions all the time about it,,and sees you can catch as many fish with fly gear as you can spinning gear. We'll,,except for night time cat fishin' ! The kid is just a lot of fun to have as a fishing pard,,,funny as all git out,,keeps me in stitches ! And he seems to really enjoy our fishing trips,,,my sis says he's continually talking bout us going again.

Why do I tell you this,,,mostly to convince myself that a lost package aint that much stacked up beside the good things in life.

Mike

Mike
Old 09-20-2013, 12:40 AM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute

I used to work customer service for a ski and snowboard shop that had a huge internet business. Almost all of the lost packages went to apartment complexes in major metro areas. Theft? Ya think?

I'm not sure what your situation is, but I hope that you get it all sorted out.

Many people are opting to have their orders sent to their places of work. That lessens the chance of theft.

Dennis
fredaevans likes this.
Old 09-20-2013, 01:01 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

You seem to be a good fella Mike,

I figure your package will arrive to you. Every now and then I have a slow one getting here. The most recent was a pair of batteries for the Nikon DSLR (getting ready for fall photography) they came from Hong Kong and took almost 2 full weeks. I am placing an order for 2 rods - 2 lines and some accessories tomorrow, we'll see how well that does with getting here...............

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 09-20-2013, 02:43 AM

tfrank is on a distinguished road

I had to submit a letter to my Post office to have ALL packages reguardless of size held at P.O. for pick-up. I live in a fairly rural area and a couple hundred yards from my mailbox. Evidently it has become a business in this area to follow the mailman and steal packages. The problem I ran into was the packages were marked "delivered" when it was put in my mailbox, thus not covered by insurance. Huge PITA and cost a good bit of money.