The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 6 Post By enolaeagle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2013, 12:56 PM

enolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of light
Default Just found some great memories

I remember getting into this around 13 or 14 years old and my pap gave me his flyrod. After that I got a vice and some supplies from him as well. Over time I just thought it was the coolest stuff and I used to bug him soooo much to teach me how to make stuff.

Around that time his health was bad and he was moody etc.. we would go fishing and he wasn't himself but it was still good times for both of us. One day I was bugging him to show me how to make some flies and he replied, "JUST MAKE A DAMN BUG".

He went to the basement and pulled out a bunch of pill bottles and handed them to me in which they were filled with stuff he made up over the years. Nothing special, just some grubs, nymphs, foam stuff etc...

I found a couple of these in an old box along with some junkers that I tied. They're a good 25 -30 years old so I think I'm going to throw some of these foam guys in the mix.

Click the image to open in full size.

Chief Thread Starter
Mother Approved...
Old 09-22-2013, 04:06 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: Just found some great memories

So hear you. The 'Business' Puter needs a fix so using an old XP. The pictures scrolling across the screen, a tonne of memories. Granddaughter now 9 (?-have to think about that) as a babe in arms.

Ex-wife, not my choice, and pictures from the 80's to 90's. Her in Europe and looking at her bent over. Back straight, her head hanging forward. Didn't take a Rocket Si to know where this would go.

Funded the trips for years, most just for her. Months away and I'd meet her 'some where' and spend a couple of weeks and go back to my 'day job.'

But I look backward. Forward is better? Sorry for the rant.

fae