The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2013, 09:23 PM

flyfishmich has a spectacular aura aboutflyfishmich has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: DSLR Waterproof Cases

if youre set on taking the DSLR fishing
this is the bag that I use
My camera goes into this bag

Cirrus™ Sack

then this bag and camera go into this bag

Dry Creek Roll-Top Backpack - Vests & Packs - SHOP

I can carry my tripod and another lens in that bag too. A little over protection but with the possibility of getting dunked or wet from rain-snow or being set on the wet shore etc my DSLR cost too much to not protect it. I pack a fleece around it to pad it too.

Now for the waterproof camera case that I posted above you also need a lens case. And they are crazy expensive to rent. Maybe look into buying? For all of that. Maybe look at the Nikon AW 100 or the like. I am not sure if a remote shutter release can be used with it-that would be nice. but you can sit it on a joby tripod
What about a go pro? Keep us posted with what you decide.

I take my DSLR because sometimes I get into amazing scenery and the fishing is not so good. Capturing the moment is a nice way to spend on the river too.
Old 09-24-2013, 07:42 AM

Sep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of light

I highly recommend the Smithfly Digi Pouch.

Mike
Old 09-24-2013, 11:12 AM

innes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to behold

I don' take my DSLR fishing but have travelled a lot with my Canon using Lowepro bags. Rugged stuff. Check out the Lowepro Outback series. It's modular so you can go minimal carry (camera & lens only) or multiple pouches. It also has a cover to protect from rain and dust. I spray mine with water repellent so water just trickles off.

Lowepro | Outback

I would also recommend a Pentax Optio WG for outdoor shooting. It's an extremely rugged camera. Although images are not as good as my Canon I post-process images with DPP which gives me good results.