The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree33Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2013, 09:53 PM

chauncey will become famous soon enoughchauncey will become famous soon enough
Default Re: What is your real name?

Jonathan Chauncey, but everyone just calls me Chauncey (there were a ton of Jonathans in my graduating class).
Old 09-23-2013, 10:10 PM

von behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud of

My name's Eric...named after some Viking dude, I suppose.

The Von Behr thing is in honor of the crazy German who shipped a bunch of brown trout to this country about 130 years ago...oh, what a gift.
stlskyline and yonder like this.
Old 09-23-2013, 10:11 PM

stlskyline will become famous soon enough

My name is Chris. My fishing buddies who are mostly fraternity brothers all call me Pops as in the Pops from Speed Racer. I use Stlskyline since living near St. Louis and I like the skyline of the city when crossing the Mississippi from the Illinois side.
Old 09-23-2013, 10:19 PM

trout champ will become famous soon enough

Randy Babas

No real reason why my handle is trout champ

Randy
Old 09-23-2013, 10:23 PM

tfrank is on a distinguished road

My name is Frank Tappen. I kept putting in usernames and it kept spitting them back. I get really annoyed for some reason at the T-Roy and T-Troy thing. The putting a T in front of names. So after several tries I jokingly put in tfrank and it accepted it. I guess I needed to learn some acceptance.
Old 09-23-2013, 10:52 PM

kicker19 will become famous soon enoughkicker19 will become famous soon enough

Greg Bryant, got the nickname from high school football, can you guess what position? Old friends still call me that to this day. Username just came natural being call that for so many years. Haven't inherited a fishing name, though my trail name is perfect for the hiking pack I have: lead weight
Old 09-24-2013, 03:10 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kicker19 View Post
Greg Bryant, got the nickname from high school football, can you guess what position? Old friends still call me that to this day. Username just came natural being call that for so many years. Haven't inherited a fishing name, though my trail name is perfect for the hiking pack I have: lead weight
You just jumped me back a lot of years, a 'walk on' the high school football team. Coach: 'What can you do?'

'I play real Football (Soccer) and I can kick a ball close to half way down this field.' Someone tossed me a 'foot ball' and I couldn't do shxt. Someone got a soccer ball and I put through the up-rights 40 yards out.

Learning to kick 'your ball' was a real learning curve.
bquick likes this.
Old 09-24-2013, 03:51 AM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold

Hi.
My surname is Fitzgerald a good Old Irish Name which goes after my handle Brian which my folks named me & is really my middle name..
My grandfather & his Brothers came to Australia in the 1890s for the Gold Rush & either ended up as Coal Miners or Working in The Local Munitions Factory which started in 1912.
Brian.
Old 09-24-2013, 07:48 AM

axle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud of

Slim Shady...
Old 09-24-2013, 08:43 AM

jgros001 is on a distinguished road

My name is Jeff...the handle has absolutely no special meaning. It was the first one I used on the first cigar forum I joined. At the time, I didn't realize that forums would be all over the place for everything under the sun - so now, I have what I have and being on a few of these it's just easy to remember one.