The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/general-discussion/)
-   -   Hello Everyone, I'm Back Home! (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/general-discussion/332586-hello-everyone-im-back-home.html)

Hardyreels 09-25-2013 08:53 PM

Hello Everyone, I'm Back Home!

I will be a more regular contributor over the next few weeks as the season gets cold here. I have been away a whole lot this past spring - summer and fall due to many commitments but as the ice moves in I'll be very happy to be here with this great group of people :)

There will be many stories to tell and I'll try to do that on the blog pages and of course loads of pictures to sort and post. It's been a good year for South Central Alaska and for Nancy and I too.

I hope everyone enjoyed this season as much as I.

Ard

fredaevans 09-25-2013 08:54 PM

Re: Hello Everyone, I'm Back Home!

Welcome Home, in both sense of the term.

Fred

fly_guy12955 09-25-2013 09:00 PM

WB, Ard. I've had a very fun fishing season. The month of Oct is a big month fishing down here,,then it'll taper off quick. That'll be OK, need to put some venison in the freezer.

Been doing some evening fly fishing on the lakes and then breaking out the catfish rigs for most times for a half night. The cats are really feeding good now and them fillets will really go good with some apple butter biskets in January ! Not to mention a few stocker trout I've keep and some nice panfish.

When do you see the first snowfalls up there ?

Mike

mcnerney 09-25-2013 09:02 PM

Ard

Great to have you back home, I can't wait to hear about your fishing adventures from this past summer! I hope you have lots of great Alaska scenery shots for all of us to drool over.

Larry

siege 09-25-2013 09:10 PM

Glad to hear you're home, and had a good season.
I'm looking foreward to being regaled with tales from Alaska. Hope to see some new blog entries soon :cool:

fq13 09-25-2013 09:18 PM

Maybe I'm just a Florida boy, but it seems to me like you're doing it backwards. Were it me I'd take care of those out of state commitments during the winter and return to Ak. in the spring, summer and fall, but that's just me.:D

skrap 09-25-2013 10:54 PM

Welcome home. I spent only four days in AK in June and with just that little amount of time there, I wish I could call AK "home".:bowdown:

theboz 09-25-2013 11:36 PM

Glad to see you back! Looking forward to some good stories! Especially the fishy ones!

Liphookedau 09-26-2013 02:37 AM

Ard.
Good to hear you are home I hope you managed to get all or most of your work done at The Cabin.
Brian.

jpbfly 09-26-2013 03:59 AM

Good to have you back Ard:)Looking forward to see your summer reports and pics;)