The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2013, 09:42 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default More Pictures From The Trout Trip;

The ride out was much better than the ride back, if you've been following threads I've posted since getting home you know what I mean by that.

This was a look at Foraker & Denali when I exited Upper Barge Out onto the Yentna River. Denali on the right;
Click the image to open in full size.

It was about 45* and clear, a glorious day to be traveling through the Interior River Systems here.

This is my friend Chris with a nice rainbow, the net opening is 18" long.......

Most of the fish caught were in the 18" range with some over that. What was really something was how thick and fat they were. Look at the girth just behind the head on these fish....

This was my largest fish, we figured it at about 2 foot, a real bag full for the net. Check out how thick all the way to the tail!

An evening fish, again, look at how thick they were! Wow,

A couple shot underwater.

Another of the evening catches;

These were taken one evening when I was out alone.

Looking up river;

And down;

This is a shot of one of those trout putting a bend into my 13' #8 Hardy Marksman rod. This was Chris's first time Spey casting. He caught on quick and is hooked for sure. I would have left him that rod but I will want to use it next week for steelhead.............

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;

Last edited by Hardyreels; 10-04-2013 at 12:14 AM.
Old 09-27-2013, 11:29 PM

rickf is a jewel in the roughrickf is a jewel in the roughrickf is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: More Pictures From The Trout Trip;

Wow! You are a artist with that camera.

I'm a pretty new guy here? I guess you are a "guide"?
Hardyreels likes this.
Old 09-27-2013, 11:38 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Rick,

Yes I do guiding but the photos were taken on a trip I took to a friends lodge. I do work for the lodge where we were fishing as a fly & Spey fishing guide.

I am going again tomorrow to a river just 60 miles from home and hope to have more good photos when I get home.
mcnerney likes this.

Old 09-27-2013, 11:48 PM

luked has a spectacular aura aboutluked has a spectacular aura aboutluked has a spectacular aura about

awesome pictures Ard
just wondering what a trip like that costs?
would love to take a trip like that some day in the future
Hardyreels likes this.
Old 09-28-2013, 12:19 AM
Administrator

I can talk to you about ways to keep the cost down. The big trick is weather, right now the fishing up there will be better over the next week or so, after that all bets are off.

The best times for trout are July and September. If you PM to me I will take your phone number and call you to discuss options for fishing the outback.

Old 09-28-2013, 08:17 AM

jbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to behold

Beautiful Ard! You are definitely livin the dream! Do you think those bows are all chunked up on salmon eggs? They get like that where theres huge salmon fly hatches. They get so fat they actually start to look funny.
Hardyreels likes this.
Old 09-28-2013, 08:21 AM

comeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud of

Wow keep the pics coming so I can live vicariously through you.

When I was younger I dreamed of moving to a big city, now that I'm here and 40 I want to leave all this madness of hustle and bustle behind.
Hardyreels and mcnerney like this.
Old 09-28-2013, 09:25 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbird View Post
Beautiful Ard! You are definitely livin the dream! Do you think those bows are all chunked up on salmon eggs? They get like that where theres huge salmon fly hatches. They get so fat they actually start to look funny.
Yes,

They eat eggs - fry (Pink Salmon mostly) and flesh. They are so fat that they do look a little strange, I'm fishing today and hope to get a few more from a different river; gotta go...............
mcnerney likes this.

Old 09-28-2013, 12:19 PM

von behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud of
Thumbs up Re: More Pictures From The Trout Trip;

Ard,

You need to wear striped waders so you can call it when someone kicks one of those through the uprights! :

Those are some pigs! Looks like a great trip with fantastic scenery all around. Well done.

-Eric
Hardyreels likes this.
Old 09-28-2013, 12:35 PM

darwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the rough

Beautiful area and fish.
Hardyreels likes this.