The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By rockriver
  • 1 Post By Rip Tide

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2013, 09:25 AM

random user is a jewel in the roughrandom user is a jewel in the roughrandom user is a jewel in the rough
Default A few more boxes

Was looking around last night for boxes to convert into fly boxes and found these:

Click the image to open in full size.
8-3/4

and
Black Ribbon Case 10"L x 8"W x 2-1/2"H ID | U.S. Plastic Corp.

and

Clear Merchant

Big enough to hold a fair amount of big streamers and small enough to fit in a vest pocket.
Old 09-28-2013, 09:36 AM

baseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nice
Default Re: A few more boxes

The container from baby wipes are the perfect size as well. My wife has saved them for me to convert over the winter to house bigger flies.

“Be patient and calm – for no one can catch fish in anger.” – Herbert Hoover
Old 09-28-2013, 09:53 AM

random user is a jewel in the roughrandom user is a jewel in the roughrandom user is a jewel in the rough

baseman1,
you have me at a disadvantage there - I have neither baby nor wife.
Old 09-28-2013, 09:58 AM

rockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseman1 View Post
The container from baby wipes are the perfect size as well.
I keep a container of these in the glove box of my truck to clean my hands up after hunting and fishing for the day. No baby required.
baseman1 likes this.
Old 09-28-2013, 10:09 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseman1 View Post
The container from baby wipes are the perfect size as well. My wife has saved them for me to convert over the winter to house bigger flies.
You can't see it at that well in the background but the recycled 'hiney wipe" boxes are good for storing tying materials
My favorite price too

baseman1 likes this.
Old 09-28-2013, 10:27 AM

baseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nice

I use one of the bigger ones as a trash collector.

---------- Post added at 09:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 AM ----------

That's quite the collection of medalists. Very nice.

“Be patient and calm – for no one can catch fish in anger.” – Herbert Hoover
Old 09-30-2013, 12:57 AM

JoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to behold

I had a paper grocery bag full -about 15- Cottonelle wipes boxes out during our last yard sale. I don't know what happened to them. Don't recall selling them, don't recall recycling them. Back to that problem with the lists....

"Every [child] has the right to a first fish. On this particular planet, no man is granted a greater privelege than to be present and to assist in the realization of this moment". Bill Heavey