The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2013, 10:19 PM

fly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Playing fish

I had a job that made me scream. I quit that job forever and went fishing.

Go figure.
trout trekker likes this.
Old 09-28-2013, 10:33 PM

cochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickf View Post
Really! If you scream at your clients, you won't get a tip and they probably won't hire you again!

I have found that the folks who point to the sky usually have a leader longer than their rod, and they don't want to reel the loop inside the top guide? IMHO, the leader should always be shorter than the rod (even in crystal clear water)
Dude. Really...what do you think I was screaming.

The leader opinion is just that and many have a different one. Repeat clients were my mainstay. Sorry your begrudged by that.

Good fishing to you fine sir.

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly_guy12955 View Post
I had a job that made me scream. I quit that job forever and went fishing.

Go figure.
Not if your excited and happy to be screaming. Grains of salt lads...grains of salt.

The Friday night grumps are out. Sorry to offend. Good fishing to you as well.
nicknick222 likes this.
Old 09-28-2013, 11:14 PM

fly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to behold

All is good, pard,,,I never figured what you meant by screaming was the same thing I meant by screaming. Mine absolutely wasn't excitement. Wish it had been. I guess I have residue over a certain job and a certain time in my life that might never go completely away. Sorry.

If I could catch some of them fish like Ard post pictures of,,,my family in Virginia could hear me scream from Alaska !

Mike *sometimes screaming is a GOOD thing !!
Hardyreels likes this.
Old 09-30-2013, 12:44 AM

JoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to behold

I generally use the arms up thing to help get line that's on the water through the rod tip so I can put the line back on the reel to fight the fish...if the fish seems large enough that I don't think I can strip it in and want to fight it from the reel. I don't know where I got that ...procedure... from, that's just what I'd always thought was the way to do it. "Course, once the excess line is on the reel I don't see any advantage to keeping arms extended. And most teaching reference these days recommends setting or striking side arm, not straight up.
Hardyreels likes this.

"Every [child] has the right to a first fish. On this particular planet, no man is granted a greater privelege than to be present and to assist in the realization of this moment". Bill Heavey