The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2013, 06:42 PM

fq13 is just really nicefq13 is just really nicefq13 is just really nicefq13 is just really nice
Default Orvis clearwater or Basspro White River?

I'm looking at an 8wt I don't really need, but a member is selling them at a very fair price and what the heck, it would be nice to have something between my 6 and 10 weights. So, a Bass Pro White River SC IV or an Orvis Clear Water? Both 9' 8s. I've never cast either. Lets pretend price is equal (its not), which would you choose? If one were half the price?
Old 10-15-2013, 07:01 PM

biggie_robs is just really nicebiggie_robs is just really nicebiggie_robs is just really nicebiggie_robs is just really nice
Default Re: Orvis clearwater or Basspro White River?

Is the Bass Pro rod built on a St. Croix SCIV blank, or is that a different SCIV?
Old 10-15-2013, 09:00 PM

fq13 is just really nicefq13 is just really nicefq13 is just really nicefq13 is just really nice

No need to reply. The guy had three rods and made me a deal of $200 shipped for two Orvis's and a bass pro. As a friend of mine said after seeing me in a fly shop "Its a good thing you weren't born a girl since if you're this easy you'd have been knocked up at fifteen". Sad but true. I'll keep the worst one and sell the two best.
Old 10-15-2013, 09:16 PM

biggie_robs is just really nicebiggie_robs is just really nicebiggie_robs is just really nicebiggie_robs is just really nice

I'm still curious about the SCIV.
Old 10-15-2013, 09:46 PM

Me too. I'll give a full range report on all three when I get them. Two will be for sale. They all seem like good utility rods. I'll choose the one that best suits my casting style (a little muscle and a haul or two in lieu of great form on my part I'm sorry to admit), the others will be objectively rated and up for bid. Hopefully I'll break even and two good rods will find homes at a more than fair price.
Old 10-15-2013, 11:55 PM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fq13 View Post
No need to reply. The guy had three rods and made me a deal of $200 shipped for two Orvis's and a bass pro. As a friend of mine said after seeing me in a fly shop "Its a good thing you weren't born a girl since if you're this easy you'd have been knocked up at fifteen". Sad but true. I'll keep the worst one and sell the two best.
I am going to have to remember that one.