The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2013, 06:58 AM

flymoron is on a distinguished road
Default where to buy Tenkara flies online?

Does anyone know of a good place to buy? I had found an online fly shop that carried some that were priced very reasonable, but I lost the link.
Could anyone suggest anywhere?

thanks
Old 10-19-2013, 07:11 AM

pszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: where to buy Tenkara flies online?

I can't give you any personal references for flies, since I tie my own. I will say that many of the flies folks use to fish with a fixed-length line system tend to be very basic, both in terms of complexity and the materials used. that being the case, they should be able to find flies that are reasonably priced.

I just did a google search of Kebari flies, and found -

Soft Hackle, Kebari, Black, Wet Flies, Soft Hackles , Order Discount Flies Online, The Fly Stop, Trout & Steelhead Flies, Cheap Flies, Quality Fishing Equipment

who sells flies for well less than a dollar. As I said, I've never personally used any flies from this particular vendor (or any others) so I just posted this as perhaps a representative example.

One thing I might suggest, if you ever had a hankering to tie your own flies, this type of fly would make for a great starting point.

Have fun,

Tenkara Fly Fishing

Tenkara Fly Fishing Forum

Tenkara Fly Fishing Blog

"People tend to get the politicians and the fishing tackle they deserve" - John Gierach, Fishing Bamboo
Old 10-19-2013, 07:24 AM

flymoron is on a distinguished road
Default Re: where to buy Tenkara flies online?

thanks!!!!!!!!!!