The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree89Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2013, 09:28 AM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of
Default Re: Fall Colors

Cool photos guys, great thread idea Jaybo! I like the final photo of your post the best, but that's just me, and you know I'm biased... Hopefully I can contribute to the thread soon, but my fishing has been frustratingly limited.

Ard, I really enjoy that rainbow (the one in the sky) shot too. And is it just me, or does that other rainbow (the fish) have an interesting shape to its mouth?
jaybo41 likes this.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 10-23-2013, 09:55 AM

kglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond repute

Here's one my son recently took while on a float on the South Fork of the Snake River:

Click the image to open in full size.

Kelly.
Old 11-11-2013, 08:11 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Hey Jason where you been..................

Fall is but a fleeting memory now but I found some swans on an Oxbow last month

mcnerney and jaybo41 like this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 11-11-2013, 08:31 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
Hey Jason where you been..................

Fall is but a fleeting memory now but I found some swans on an Oxbow last month

Another beautiful shot Ard! I attempted to fish on Sunday and from the sounds of things, it was much like your last outing except that I wasn't dealing with ice. It was dirty water and 20-25mph sustained winds with gusts of 30-40 mph that I was contending with. Getting ready to have a go at it later this week over a nice long weekend. Fishing with Chi Thursday-Sunday. I'm hoping to add a shot or two of some steelhead.
Hardyreels and von behr like this.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:06 PM

jbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to behold

Old 11-12-2013, 06:38 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbird View Post
Absolutely beautiful shots jbird! Thanks for sharing!
von behr likes this.
Old 11-12-2013, 06:58 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

I took the grandson out bass fishing last week (the day before his 6th birthday), some nice fall colors in the background:
[IMG]Click the image to open in full size.[/IMG]
The results:
He ties his own knots:

Larry

Old 11-12-2013, 07:26 PM

Larry, that's just awesome. Looks like he found himself a nice fish, you may have a natural on your hands there. The last picture is just priceless. The concentration he's showing tying his knot is fantastic!
mcnerney and von behr like this.
Old 11-12-2013, 08:23 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

This is one of my favorite fall photos; nothing trick in the editing, just the way it was.

Now it's been three falls past as I wrapped up a day grayling fishing and a storm was rolling down off the mountains. I didn't know the picture was special until I got home and then loaded into my Nikon program the next day

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 11-12-2013, 09:36 PM

ghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud of

Those first two shots were from Big Clear Creek in WV. The third was on the I-64 Bridge over Glade Creek in WV.

These are more local to me...the Chagrin River.

von behr and jaybo41 like this.