The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree89Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2013, 07:34 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fall Colors

I've been away for what seems like a while. October 4th I left for Salmon camp then came back and hopped on a plane for work. It's good to be home again.

Fall has long been one of my favorite times to be out on a river or creek. There's just something about the smell of the leaves in the air and the beautiful colors that just sign to me. That's not to take away from any other time of year, I mean after all, how bad can it be standing on a stream with a fly rod, right?

This year I did something different. I made the trek to Michigan to fish for Kings, a first for me. We did pretty well though the week. We were on the hunt for the freshest of kings, staying away from the zombies and gravel beds. We found em! We managed to land some browns some skippers, and once we saw Steel, Kings and Browns were a mere afterthought. From then on out, we were mining for silver. We had a great day where we hooked into 5 or 6 of them and between two of us, none were landed. It just didn't matter. Those fish were so hot and the battles alone were profound enough that we opted to hunt them specifically for the rest of our trip. I did manage to land one steel on the trip with some fine network from Chi.

During the week I observed many incredible things. The natural beauty of the surroundings, the river itself and the sheer power and spectacle of a salmon run plus the cycle of life itself have all made an impact on me. I will be doing this again! I had fish taking me down river who knows how long, trudging through water at my ankles and at two steps up to my chest. What a blast! On the last day, I saw a green king moving into a pool and turn hard and fast to hit my fly. Just amazing. I have to give credit where due, Chi did a great job prepping me for the trip and guiding us throughout the week. The float trips also payed dividends and man did we eat good!

Anyway, back to those fall colors. Here are some shots I took throughout the week. This is going to be pic heavy from here on out.

Thanks for reading. Oh, and if any of you guys or ladies have been out on a river, hiking or whatnot and would like to share some fall colors, please feel free to post away. One of many cool things about this forum is that we have membership across the country and around the world. Sharing photos gives us all a way to see what it's like somewhere else in the world. Thanks to those who've shared thus far.

Click the image to open in full size.

A track that I noticed on the stream bank. I have no clue what it was, but it was big. No, it's not a pile of dung!

Last edited by jaybo41; 10-21-2013 at 04:14 PM.
Old 10-20-2013, 08:10 PM

itchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Fall Colors

Fall colors are beautiful. I'm in the thick of it here. But most the leaves are gone here now.
Old 10-20-2013, 08:31 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute

Beautiful colors, thanks for posting the pictures.
Old 10-20-2013, 08:42 PM

ghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud of
Default Fall Colors

Just to piggyback and keep it going, here are some from WV this past weekend.

Old 10-20-2013, 09:01 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, love those fall colors!

Jay: What a trip, I'm definitely jealous!

Larry

Old 10-21-2013, 12:40 AM

von behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud of

Jay, that looks like a great place to take a vacation. Those are awesome photos, and an excellent description of your trip. I'm glad you guys were able to get away and stick some fish.

Cheers,

-VB
jaybo41 likes this.
Old 10-21-2013, 12:19 PM

gzarboni is just really nicegzarboni is just really nicegzarboni is just really nicegzarboni is just really nice

Awesome pics. The weather here in northeastern NY has gone from abnormally high temps ( mid to high 60s ) to normal 40s and 50 degree weather. The leaves in my neck of the woods are almost gone which is good for hunting season. Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

"There are no traffic jams along the extra mile"

http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/fo...logs/gzarboni/
Old 10-21-2013, 12:39 PM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis

had my first fishing trip of the year this past saturday, and also my first time out with my Cabelas CGR.

Great fun, what a sweet rod. Caught a nice little rainbow and had tons of fun trying to entice others to take my BWO offerings....to no avail i might add. I had about 8-10 obvious refusals!

Anyways, on the walk back to the car, i snapped this pic.

Eunan

jaybo41 likes this.

Addicted To Vise
Old 10-21-2013, 04:11 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Fall Colors

Thanks for the comments guys, it sure was a great trip and fun to recall it and share with you! Those pictures were shot with a cell phone camera and touched up on a PC but for the most part they were pretty solid. For the first time I don't know that I need to apologize for cell phone pics!

I'm glad you guys have posted up some of your fall colors too, I meant to ask you guys to share yours when I had first posted but somehow neglected to do so. I'll edit and take care of that! As I mentioned, fall is one of my favorites so it's just awesome to see that others share the enjoyment too. Plus, it's always cool to see photos of fall from various regions of the US!

ghocevar, awesome pics man! Looks like you've recently found yourself in some beautiful scenery too. Where were they taken?

gzarboni, killer pics! I'm particularly fond of the one with your Jeep in it but they're all beautiful.

Eunan, Nice to see that you parted with your beloved vise, carved time out and got on the water! That looks like a sweet setup you've got there!

Thanks all for sharing your photos, this is exactly what I was hoping for when I posted this topic!
Hardyreels likes this.

Last edited by jaybo41; 10-21-2013 at 06:30 PM.
Old 10-21-2013, 04:46 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

All the leaves are gone now but..............

It's pretty gloomy now without the leaves and unless I catch a rainbow there might not be too many landscape shots until it snows

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;