The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/general-discussion/)
-   -   Who all got the $100 gift certificate from J. Stockard? (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/general-discussion/335207-who-all-got-100-gift-certificate-j-stockard.html)

mridenour 10-24-2013 11:35 AM

Who all got the $100 gift certificate from J. Stockard?

I got an email a little while ago from J. Stockard with a $100 gift certificate. I thought that seemed really weird so I went to their site and put a new vise in my cart. I entered the code and BAM! It was invalid. So I emailed them back asking if this was real or some kind of physhing thing. The emailed me back with an apology for sending me a bogus code along with a gift certificate for free shipping on my next order.

For a second I felt like I had won the lottery but I knew it was too good to be true.

depenner 10-24-2013 12:05 PM

Re: Who all got the $100 gift certificate from J. Stockard?

I had the same feeling. Then I thought it might be a scam of some sort. Then I got the follow up e-mail. Oh well.

david

fly_guy12955 10-24-2013 12:18 PM

Happened to me too.

Oh well.

Mike

nc_cooter 10-24-2013 01:59 PM

Ditto! I wondered why I got one. Tain't like my normal luck at all.
Mike

ditz 10-24-2013 05:14 PM

A couple of months ago I got the $100 and it was real. Thank you Stockard:D:D

smarty140 10-24-2013 08:18 PM

Got the same email... and the "oops" follow up email. Free shipping on some fly tying supplies this winter will be nice, though!
ryan

biggie_robs 10-24-2013 09:03 PM

Yeah, the second, apology email was a bummer to get. Oh well. Free shipping is nice--I wonder if it will work on an over-length rod tube...

caseywise 10-24-2013 09:48 PM

yep, got it as well. was stoked at first, but then read the follow up.
but hey, free shipping is pretty sweet as i was planning on ordering
a tube as well:D

casey

CutThroat Leaders 10-25-2013 07:34 AM

Yes, my excitement was short lived as well. I too thought it was too good to be true, but still had hope that it was. The free shipping did get me to place an order with them last night...

mridenour 10-25-2013 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CutThroat Leaders (Post 604626)
Yes, my excitement was short lived as well. I too thought it was too good to be true, but still had hope that it was. The free shipping did get me to place an order with them last night...

I have to wait to place my order with them since I just got an order from you and an order for tungsten beads from Allen. Add in the cost of me going trout fishing this weekend and heading north to go Steelhead fishing in two weeks and I had better let my wife forget about how much money I am spending before I order more!