The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2013, 11:35 AM

mridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud of
Default Who all got the $100 gift certificate from J. Stockard?

I got an email a little while ago from J. Stockard with a $100 gift certificate. I thought that seemed really weird so I went to their site and put a new vise in my cart. I entered the code and BAM! It was invalid. So I emailed them back asking if this was real or some kind of physhing thing. The emailed me back with an apology for sending me a bogus code along with a gift certificate for free shipping on my next order.

For a second I felt like I had won the lottery but I knew it was too good to be true.
Old 10-24-2013, 12:05 PM

depenner will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Who all got the $100 gift certificate from J. Stockard?

I had the same feeling. Then I thought it might be a scam of some sort. Then I got the follow up e-mail. Oh well.

david
mridenour likes this.
Old 10-24-2013, 12:18 PM

fly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to behold

Happened to me too.

Oh well.

Mike
mridenour likes this.
Old 10-24-2013, 01:59 PM

nc_cooter is a jewel in the roughnc_cooter is a jewel in the roughnc_cooter is a jewel in the roughnc_cooter is a jewel in the rough

Ditto! I wondered why I got one. Tain't like my normal luck at all.
Mike
mridenour likes this.
Old 10-24-2013, 05:14 PM

ditz has a spectacular aura aboutditz has a spectacular aura aboutditz has a spectacular aura about

A couple of months ago I got the $100 and it was real. Thank you Stockard
mridenour likes this.
Old 10-24-2013, 08:18 PM

smarty140 is on a distinguished road

Got the same email... and the "oops" follow up email. Free shipping on some fly tying supplies this winter will be nice, though!
ryan
mridenour likes this.
Old 10-24-2013, 09:03 PM

biggie_robs is just really nicebiggie_robs is just really nicebiggie_robs is just really nicebiggie_robs is just really nice

Yeah, the second, apology email was a bummer to get. Oh well. Free shipping is nice--I wonder if it will work on an over-length rod tube...
mridenour likes this.
Old 10-24-2013, 09:48 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

yep, got it as well. was stoked at first, but then read the follow up.
but hey, free shipping is pretty sweet as i was planning on ordering
a tube as well

casey
mridenour likes this.

ARFE
Old 10-25-2013, 07:34 AM
Business Member

CutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to behold

Yes, my excitement was short lived as well. I too thought it was too good to be true, but still had hope that it was. The free shipping did get me to place an order with them last night...
mridenour likes this.

Mike
Hand Woven Furled Leaders
Site: http://www.cutthroatfurledleaders.com/
email. mike@cutthroatleader.com
Old 10-25-2013, 09:57 AM

mridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutThroat Leaders View Post
Yes, my excitement was short lived as well. I too thought it was too good to be true, but still had hope that it was. The free shipping did get me to place an order with them last night...
I have to wait to place my order with them since I just got an order from you and an order for tungsten beads from Allen. Add in the cost of me going trout fishing this weekend and heading north to go Steelhead fishing in two weeks and I had better let my wife forget about how much money I am spending before I order more!
biggie_robs likes this.