The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2013, 04:11 PM

pa dave is a jewel in the roughpa dave is a jewel in the roughpa dave is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Cabelas is out to get us!

I'm a little envious. The "Bargain" Cave at the Cabelas closest to me has too much yard sale quality stuff at only 30% off prices. Some of it I am amazed that management would even offer for sale...dirty, broken, missing key parts, etc., which would be okay if it was offered at a bargain price. I did find a nice rod tube for about $8 one time though.
Old 10-28-2013, 04:29 PM

ia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickj View Post
Get the Cabelas credit card, you'll get a bit back.
I'm saving a couple hundred bucks a year spending my Cabela's points. Should be able to retire soon if I continue to save so much money on fishin stuff.

Flytying material suppliers are my weakness lately Jay.

Last edited by ia_trouter; 10-28-2013 at 05:03 PM.
Old 10-28-2013, 04:56 PM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ia_trouter View Post
I'm saving a couple hundred bucks a year spending my Cabela's points. Should be able to retire soon if I continue to save so much money of fishin stuff.

Flytying material suppliers are my weakness lately Jay.

Last year I find whiting Hebert hen saddles I didn't need on sale for $4. I bought 8! :-)

Addicted To Vise
Old 10-28-2013, 05:12 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

last time i was in cabelas they had some fly line (discontinued sage quiet taper)
that i knew was on sale in the bargain cave, but was marked at regular price in
the store.
i told the fly guy about and showed him the bargain barn price on my phone.
he said it was no prob, sold it to me at sale price.

casey

ARFE
Old 10-28-2013, 05:29 PM

fq13 is just really nicefq13 is just really nicefq13 is just really nicefq13 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseywise View Post
last time i was in cabelas they had some fly line (discontinued sage quiet taper)
that i knew was on sale in the bargain cave, but was marked at regular price in
the store.
i told the fly guy about and showed him the bargain barn price on my phone.
he said it was no prob, sold it to me at sale price.

casey
I give thanks to God every day that there is not a Cabelas in my town. Their gun room with all those beautiful SxS shotguns just begging to be taken home? Visa would own my house.:-)
Old 10-28-2013, 05:36 PM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis

I'm not a hunter, or even a fan of owning guns, but the gun room has some sweet shot guns for sure

Addicted To Vise
Old 10-28-2013, 07:46 PM

earthtrek is on a distinguished road

I have a Cabela's, BassPro, and two independent fly shops within 20 minutes of home. It's not good for bank account, but I rack up a lot of rewards and Amex points!

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 4
Old 10-28-2013, 08:47 PM

fredy is on a distinguished road

Another trick is to put items you want to buy form Cabelas in your shopping cart (make sure you have an account set up) Go all the way through the check out EXCEPT dont pay just close the page. Generally with in a week I start getting coupons in my email for additional discounts. I bought a couple frly rods and a bunch of other stuff like that. I was getting 20-25% off coupons.
I do it with the websites and most of the time I end up getting a discount.
BTW love the bargain cave! We are such suckers for that ****

Fredy
pa dave and king joe like this.
Old 10-28-2013, 09:07 PM

pa dave is a jewel in the roughpa dave is a jewel in the roughpa dave is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredy View Post
Another trick is to put items you want to buy form Cabelas in your shopping cart (make sure you have an account set up) Go all the way through the check out EXCEPT dont pay just close the page. Generally with in a week I start getting coupons in my email for additional discounts. I bought a couple frly rods and a bunch of other stuff like that. I was getting 20-25% off coupons.
I love it...turning all that consumer tracking online around and using it for your own advantage. Simply brilliant.
fredy and thewalker1013 like this.
Old 10-28-2013, 09:13 PM

fq13 is just really nicefq13 is just really nicefq13 is just really nicefq13 is just really nice

I hope that works because I have a roll of leader, a headlamp and a redington CT all lined up at just the hundred buck point to get free shipping. We'll see if I get a better offer.

PS I don't feel the slightest bit of guilt doing it either as I have spent, welI I prefer not to think on how much I've spent there.:-) If I get a few bucks back I'll thank them.

Last edited by fq13; 10-28-2013 at 09:44 PM.