The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2013, 09:07 AM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of
Default Re: Cabelas is out to get us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseywise View Post
i told the fly guy about and showed him the bargain barn price on my phone.
he said it was no prob, sold it to me at sale price.

casey
The guys at my local Cabelas wont do that. I have been told this very clearly several times.

Im close to getting a switch, but i really shouldnt, id like to research them abit more, but I would like a new 5wt reel, hence the WLx. I have the 2.0 and its a great reel, i wouldnt mind buying 2 or 3 of them honestly.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 10-29-2013, 10:12 AM

king joe will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl_geoff View Post
The guys at my local Cabelas wont do that. I have been told this very clearly several times.

Im close to getting a switch, but i really shouldnt, id like to research them abit more, but I would like a new 5wt reel, hence the WLx. I have the 2.0 and its a great reel, i wouldnt mind buying 2 or 3 of them honestly.
Hey stl_geoff
I have the 11' 7wt LSI from Cabelas and just starting my second season with it. Compared to a St. Croix of the same config, this is a feather...and almost too light in the hands (if that's possible). The handles are a bit small diameter for my meathooks but overall, I really...REALLY like the rod.

I have a pfluegar trion 1990 on it and went to the RIO Switch Line 7. I took me some time to get onto 2 handing it but because of its weight, one-handing is easy...easy....easy on the shoulder....mind you, for steels my other main rod is a 10' on a IM6 blank.

The reel seat....with the double locking lugs is good but for the 1990, its a bit tight getting it on. You basically need to have the lugs all the way backed off. But, looking at it another way, there is not a lot of exposed seat once the reel is on either.

Yesterday, I was out on the St. Clair River in Sarnia (canada) and the conditions were ****. IN-your-face wind...big waves and all that. BUT I stuck it out. Even with the 11', I could not get much of a cast one-handed and though I was indicator fishing (read: not much line out/needed), a simple kack-hand type of scandi underhand tuck...and I had no problem shooting out MORE than enough line....and I wasn't using any type of shooting head what-so-ever (i.e. I had my 'regular' nymphing reel on, not my 1990)

I wouldn't be concerned about the LSI...I think its a pretty decent rod...AND for the price EVEN BEFORE the sale....is great. It takes a while...took me a while to get onto loading 2 handed casting but I now I am understanding THIS rod's dynamics, the casts are coming in line quite well. Predominately, I use single and double spey and snap t...and all work fine....basically, its not the rod, but the rod-user that is not working as good as it should...HAH.

Good luck

King Joe, Outa Here!
Old 10-29-2013, 10:30 AM

itchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to behold

Awesome... Just picked up a couple knives! Didn't even break $20... That's gotta be some cabelas shopping record
Old 11-11-2013, 11:14 PM

fredy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pa dave View Post
I love it...turning all that consumer tracking online around and using it for your own advantage. Simply brilliant.
Here is another example.
I will put stuff in my cart/basket to purchase go through all the motions but not finalize and pay, i just exit out of the page.

Most current email from Sierra Trading Post. I left a fly rod in my cart and now they are offering me free shippig if i buy it and I have recieved more dicoont coupons than I can count (unfortunately they do not apply to Sage Fly rods)
but I can apply the to other purchases. ;-)

Fredy
Old 11-12-2013, 01:00 AM

rickf is just really nicerickf is just really nicerickf is just really nicerickf is just really nice

The Cabela's here in Hamburg, PA is a gigantic beautiful store with lots of fish tanks filled with local fish and has the best fly shop in PA!

I also love the Cabelas.com. Usually discount with free shipping.

Our Cabela's has a wonderful restaurant on the second floor, and I love shopping there! I like Orvis online, but the local Orvis shops can't compare to the Cabela's super store!

Now you did it, I'm going to Cabela's this weekend to do some Christmas shopping for myself!
Old 11-12-2013, 09:11 AM

jeepster II is a glorious beacon of lightjeepster II is a glorious beacon of lightjeepster II is a glorious beacon of lightjeepster II is a glorious beacon of lightjeepster II is a glorious beacon of lightjeepster II is a glorious beacon of light

I'm a cabelas club member. I use their card for cabelas purchases. I bought a peak rotary vise, some materials, and pontoon accessories so far with club points. I received a 10 year member pocket knife a few years ago. Anybody else get one?

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

If cabelas wasn't over 100 miles away in the evil empire (maricopa county) I would be in the fly shop right now.