The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2013, 11:35 PM

enolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of light
Default It really is that perfect.

Click the image to open in full size.

I've been away from the forum because I was busy on a 2 month job so I didnt really have much time to fish either... A while back I ordered a rod from Allen but their production slowed up with all the changes. I patiently waited and it was WELL WORTH IT!

Here's my new 10ft - 4w Icon rod. They added a fighting butt at no extra charge. I asked for that because I just kinda got used to it being there with my 6 and 9w. The #2 Kraken reel has been waiting in the shop for it. I spooled up some Rio gold and Joni sent me a few of her newest addition 7ft leaders for nymphing sticks.

This rod is killer down to the reel seat and this rig balances way better than any other rod I own at the first pick up. I'm starting another job Monday and I am now very ansy to get this on the waters.

Chief Thread Starter
Mother Approved...
Old 11-09-2013, 11:44 PM

wannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: It really is that perfect.

Very nice looking setup Neat to have a 4wt with fighting butt!
enolaeagle likes this.
Old 11-09-2013, 11:50 PM

fq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of light

Very nice. Now I want an Allen even more. And plus 1 for getting the fighting butt. I fish the glades and use light tackle on larger fish than I was targetting when I chose the outfit frequently. You just never know what you'll catch. Tarpon on a six weight or black drum and snook on a four weight are not uncommon and having that butt is a real plus. You'll be glad its there.
enolaeagle likes this.
Old 11-09-2013, 11:54 PM

enolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of light

I also like it there for high sticking. The way I hold the rod up lets me rest the butt on the underside of my forearm and helps balance it more parallel to the water.

Chief Thread Starter
Mother Approved...
Old 11-09-2013, 11:57 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

That is one fine looking setup Todd!

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 11-09-2013, 11:59 PM

My head is pounding Ard... tomorrow I have a pile of paperwork to do... then I have to fix our dishwasher and help the wife start cleaning the house for family coming for turkey day.

I gotta stare at this thing for a week O_o

Chief Thread Starter
Mother Approved...
Old 11-10-2013, 07:15 AM

Location: Port Washington, WI (fish areas around grafton and plymouth)
pikefisher69 has a spectacular aura aboutpikefisher69 has a spectacular aura about

That's a beautiful looking setup you got there!
Old 11-10-2013, 07:22 AM

bigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud of

Very nice looking outfit! Kudos to Allen for getting you exactly what you wanted! When you finally get to try it out, please give us a detailed report!

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!
Old 11-11-2013, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjim5589 View Post
Very nice looking outfit! Kudos to Allen for getting you exactly what you wanted! When you finally get to try it out, please give us a detailed report!
I'll be all ready to go this Sunday for the official break in

Chief Thread Starter
Mother Approved...
Old 11-11-2013, 06:07 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Todd: Sweet looking setup. congrats! Now we want to see some photos of fish with your new setup.

Larry
enolaeagle likes this.