The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree76Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2013, 04:32 PM

brookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Who's the best fisherman?

According to these guys it is!

Click the image to open in full size.
mcnerney and theboz like this.
Old 11-21-2013, 05:03 PM

dean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond repute

Good one Rip Tide!

I was told by a serious birder one time that the Egret will drop feathers on the water to attract fish.

There are quite a few videos of Green Herons putting bread in the water to attract fish...some have better presentation than others!

Amazing Bird Fishes Like A Human - YouTube

Old 11-21-2013, 05:45 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookfieldangler View Post
According to these guys it is!

What place are you in? Kindergarten. Ok you win!

---------- Post added at 05:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean_mt View Post
Good one Rip Tide!

I was told by a serious birder one time that the Egret will drop feathers on the water to attract fish.

There are quite a few videos of Green Herons putting bread in the water to attract fish...some have better presentation than others!

Amazing Bird Fishes Like A Human - YouTube

Green Heron is cool bit Blue Heron is the King! Big Blues dont need the bread tactic they just nail them! Haha! Funny how a fairly lame thread can become so much fun!!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 11-21-2013, 08:36 PM

lightline is a jewel in the roughlightline is a jewel in the roughlightline is a jewel in the roughlightline is a jewel in the rough

Never got to meet him, never got to fish with him, but by most accounts, Ted Williams, the splendid splinter. Those who did know him said he was the best fighter pilot and the best hitter in baseball too. Not a bad resume.
mcnerney and waterfordcreek like this.
Old 11-21-2013, 09:09 PM

cab has a spectacular aura aboutcab has a spectacular aura aboutcab has a spectacular aura about

OK, I'm yo' huckleberry:

DUHHH! THE ONE CATCHING THE MOSTEST BIGGEST FISH! No telling who this may be at any given time.

CAB
Old 11-22-2013, 11:03 AM

miamimikepa will become famous soon enoughmiamimikepa will become famous soon enough

April Vokey is and it has nothing to do with her fishing ability...just saying!
bigjim5589 and cab like this.
Old 11-23-2013, 08:21 AM

cochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant future

My Dad. I am sad my greatest fishing partner is no longer here on earth with me but I know he fishes with me every time now. The greatest fly fishing man I have ever known.
Old 11-23-2013, 11:43 AM

bigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant future

No offense to anyone, but I don't really care. Fishing is not a competition to me other than that which is derived from trying to get the fish to bite our offering. I've known plenty of good, better & great anglers over the years, and none as far as I could tell cared who was best. They all fished because they enjoyed the sport, and that's what fishing should be about, the enjoyment. It is for me.

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!
Old 11-23-2013, 07:13 PM

bigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant future

Quote:
April Vokey is and it has nothing to do with her fishing ability...just saying!
Certainly one of more attractive anglers I've ever seen!

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!
Old 11-23-2013, 10:58 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjim5589 View Post
Certainly one of more attractive anglers I've ever seen!
Agreed! But Margra Hemingway was the one in her day!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser