Who's the best fisherman?

lunkerlog

Reaction score
This Post Has Been Removed.

You may not advertise here unless you have a business account. If you are interested in promoting a product or service with the forum please contact me and I'll be happy to help set you up.

Ard

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

Hi. I chose the business account radio button when I registered. I would indeed like to try a business account.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
You may be indeed!

When I saw this threads content I just thought............. How the heck did we do without that all these years. The people who fished with me through the years didn't need proof of what you told them. We knew one another and we trusted each other. All this instant fish picture posting to the world seems ............... well trivial :cool:

lunkerlog

Reaction score
Here here @ctshooter. The answer's got to be somewhere between yours and "the fisherman who's having the most fun".

As for my iphone app it's just meant to be fun. I went for bike rides for 30 years without using Strava, and then when I started using it, it added a new fun dimension to my rides. I figured fishing could use the same treatment, so I made this.

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm sorry if my remarks seemed harsh, it's just that some days I have too many people join only to do some sort of promotion. I meant no disrespect and personally I couldn't even begin to create an App so I should perhaps temper my comments regarding them.

I do hope you'll look through out forum threads and offer some threads and or comments to existing topics. We always need new voices here.

Regards,

Ard

ia_trouter

Reaction score
I have no idea how this thread started, but the modern photographic capabilities of simple devices just amaze me. Craigthor and I took my daughter trout fishing for the first time last month. In between the aggravations of her trying to learn to flycast, and her finding satisfaction in landing creek chubs, the Twitter Queen was snapping a few PICs here and there. Finding beauty in some simple things like a simple wooden stream crossing bridge where the light was casting a perfect reflection. My wife just told me that a few of her PICs were on public display at a major Christmas event around these parts. I can't believe what even a phone cam can do in the right hands. The PICs are simple, but she found beauty in the day while I was overly worried she was having a bad day not catching trout.

shotgunfly

Reaction score
The answer to the question is… "The next guy." Because there is always someone better, it's best to not seek out titles and trophies. They'll just get old, dusty and forgotten. Better to be, as someone else mentioned, a good teacher and pass on what you know and hope you find a good student.

attila

Reaction score
Me ?!?!?
Seriously I'd put my money on Joe Humphreys.
Gary LaFontaine would also be right up there.

Last edited:

mtbusman

Reaction score
By the time I logged in (I usually visit the forum late at night), the original post was removed, but I think it's fun to hear all the different answers to the question in the title of the thread.

Now, don't get me wrong, because I enjoy taking pictures of some of the fish I land, and I don't mind sharing them. Catching fish is sure fun. And hooking, playing, and landing a fish makes me feel good. But fishing is more than that.

So, for me, the best fisherman would be one who enjoys time on the water, is respectful of the resource and cares for it, respects others who occupy some space on the water, and respects the fish.

Saying this, I know there are many other aspects to fly fishing and other ways of answering the question. That's one of the things that makes fly fishing such a wonderful, life-long pastime.

diamond rush

Reaction score
One of the first times I was fly-fishing, I was having a rough go and got completely skunked. As I was fishing a nice hole, I heard a small splash behind me. I turned around and there goes a mink with a 5" brown trout in its mouth running out of the stream. I had unsuccessfully fished there not even 20 minutes prior.

So, I'm going to have to go with mother nature and that mink.

Later that season, I saw her again with a half-grown pup, teaching it how to fish like her.

theboz

Reaction score
Might as well lock this thread up. Everyone knows it's me. :cool::D
Nice try! 6 days a week it's me ! Thursdays belong to my son! Better luck next time , keep on practicing you'll be there someday! Haha! Humble is for 2nd best! Confidence rules!!

---------- Post added at 03:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 PM ----------

I don't know, but I do know that it is NOT the guy that can take the most grip-n-grins.
On the money !

brookfieldangler

Reaction score
Nice try! 6 days a week it's me ! Thursdays belong to my son! Better luck next time , keep on practicing you'll be there someday! Haha! Humble is for 2nd best! Confidence rules!!

---------- Post added at 03:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 PM ----------

On the money !
That's nonsense. You were way too slow on the draw to be numero uno. :frogdance