The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree76Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2013, 04:34 PM

lunkerlog is on a distinguished road
Default Who's the best fisherman?

This Post Has Been Removed.

You may not advertise here unless you have a business account. If you are interested in promoting a product or service with the forum please contact me and I'll be happy to help set you up.

Ard

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

Hi. I chose the business account radio button when I registered. I would indeed like to try a business account.

Last edited by Hardyreels; 11-20-2013 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Unauthorized solicitation;
Old 11-20-2013, 05:43 PM

brookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Who's the best fisherman?

Might as well lock this thread up. Everyone knows it's me.
theboz likes this.
Old 11-20-2013, 06:10 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

You may be indeed!

When I saw this threads content I just thought............. How the heck did we do without that all these years. The people who fished with me through the years didn't need proof of what you told them. We knew one another and we trusted each other. All this instant fish picture posting to the world seems ............... well trivial

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 11-20-2013, 06:33 PM

itchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to behold

The best fisherman is the one that never tells stories because he's too busy fishing.
mcnerney, djamtime and craigthor like this.
Old 11-20-2013, 06:38 PM

ctshooter has a spectacular aura aboutctshooter has a spectacular aura about

In my opinion, the best fisherman is the one that shares his love for the sport with the most people.
Old 11-20-2013, 07:53 PM

lunkerlog is on a distinguished road

Here here @ctshooter. The answer's got to be somewhere between yours and "the fisherman who's having the most fun".

As for my iphone app it's just meant to be fun. I went for bike rides for 30 years without using Strava, and then when I started using it, it added a new fun dimension to my rides. I figured fishing could use the same treatment, so I made this.
Hardyreels, mcnerney and djamtime like this.
Old 11-20-2013, 07:59 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

I'm sorry if my remarks seemed harsh, it's just that some days I have too many people join only to do some sort of promotion. I meant no disrespect and personally I couldn't even begin to create an App so I should perhaps temper my comments regarding them.

I do hope you'll look through out forum threads and offer some threads and or comments to existing topics. We always need new voices here.

Regards,

Ard
mcnerney, fredaevans and djamtime like this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 11-20-2013, 09:53 PM

ia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of light

I have no idea how this thread started, but the modern photographic capabilities of simple devices just amaze me. Craigthor and I took my daughter trout fishing for the first time last month. In between the aggravations of her trying to learn to flycast, and her finding satisfaction in landing creek chubs, the Twitter Queen was snapping a few PICs here and there. Finding beauty in some simple things like a simple wooden stream crossing bridge where the light was casting a perfect reflection. My wife just told me that a few of her PICs were on public display at a major Christmas event around these parts. I can't believe what even a phone cam can do in the right hands. The PICs are simple, but she found beauty in the day while I was overly worried she was having a bad day not catching trout.
shotgunfly and craigthor like this.
Old 11-20-2013, 10:21 PM

shotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to all

The answer to the question is… "The next guy." Because there is always someone better, it's best to not seek out titles and trophies. They'll just get old, dusty and forgotten. Better to be, as someone else mentioned, a good teacher and pass on what you know and hope you find a good student.
mcnerney, attila, gzarboni and 3 others like this.

-- John Gierach

blog: http://www.thefinfeatherandfur.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thefinfeatherandfur
My TU:
http://massanuttentu.com
Old 11-20-2013, 10:30 PM

attila will become famous soon enough

Me ?!?!?
Seriously I'd put my money on Joe Humphreys.
Gary LaFontaine would also be right up there.
shotgunfly likes this.

Last edited by attila; 11-20-2013 at 10:33 PM. Reason: Because....