The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2013, 11:34 AM

mridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud of
Default Re: Wading Jacket ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanbiker View Post
I have the beans pac light jacket. I like it a lot, but it is lightweight. I don't get cold easy though. My son did split the seam under the arm on his. (He is 16, so it might not be the jackets fault)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
You did get it replaced? Bean is guaranteed forever.
Old 11-22-2013, 11:59 AM

vanceinak is on a distinguished road

I know it's not as much money as you would like to spend but I love my $100. Frogg Toggs Hellbender Wading jacket.
I live on the Kenai Peninsula in Alaska & while I've only used mine for a season, it has performed flawlessly. Keeps me dry & warm in really nasty weather, good range of motion, great storage, & no signs of wear yet. If I was going to Alaska (Oh wait, I'm here!!) I wouldn't hesitate to make it my primary wading jacket. By the way, I'm NOT anti Simms, love my Simms waders! Just don't like to spend hundreds I don't need to. $200. is an extra 50gal of gas for fishing trips!
mridenour likes this.

Matthew 6:33
"But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."
Old 11-22-2013, 12:18 PM

stanbiker has a spectacular aura aboutstanbiker has a spectacular aura about

I have not called beans yet, but I don't expect it to be a problem. I should really get on it though...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
mridenour likes this.
Old 11-22-2013, 12:55 PM

eastfly66 will become famous soon enougheastfly66 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanceinak View Post
I know it's not as much money as you would like to spend but I love my $100. Frogg Toggs Hellbender Wading jacket.
I live on the Kenai Peninsula in Alaska & while I've only used mine for a season, it has performed flawlessly. Keeps me dry & warm in really nasty weather, good range of motion, great storage, & no signs of wear yet. If I was going to Alaska (Oh wait, I'm here!!) I wouldn't hesitate to make it my primary wading jacket. By the way, I'm NOT anti Simms, love my Simms waders! Just don't like to spend hundreds I don't need to. $200. is an extra 50gal of gas for fishing trips!
I see it for about $150. Do you think it will take some abuse ? does it block the wind or are you wearing wind stopper layers under it ? I don't want to be replacing it every 2 yrs. been there and done that ....
Old 11-22-2013, 02:45 PM

dakotakid has a spectacular aura aboutdakotakid has a spectacular aura aboutdakotakid has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by mridenour View Post
I'm hoping to get the Bean Emerger II for Christmas. I just can't afford to spend the big bucks at this time and the Emerger has gotten good reviews from the people on this forum that have it. Lifetime guarantee on it as well. I know it will be better than what I used last year...lol!
In case you are interested mridenour, I happened to pass an LLBean store today and stopped by to try on their wading jackets. They only had the Emerger II ($99) and the PacLite Stowaway (normally $179) on hand. The Emerger II isn't Goretex and doesn't feel like it would breath at all. A salesman there basically confirmed that he perspires pretty easily with it on. Now the good news, the PacLite Stowaway is on sale online for $149, but only $99 in the store.
Men's PacLite Stowaway Wading Jacket with Gore-Tex: Fishing | Free Shipping at L.L.Bean jacket-SR0&page=men-s-paclite-stowaway-wading-jacket-with-Gore-Tex

If you don't have an LLBean near you, just call one and ask if they have the item on hand for $99. If so, believe they will ship it to you free of charge. They didn't have my size so they told me to call another store.
Old 11-22-2013, 02:50 PM

mridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakotakid View Post
In case you are interested mridenour, I happened to pass an LLBean store today and stopped by to try on their wading jackets. They only had the Emerger II ($99) and the PacLite Stowaway (normally $179) on hand. The Emerger II isn't Goretex and doesn't feel like it would breath at all. A salesman there basically confirmed that he perspires pretty easily with it on. Now the good news, the PacLite Stowaway is on sale online for $149, but only $99 in the store.
Men's PacLite Stowaway Wading Jacket with Gore-Tex: Fishing | Free Shipping at L.L.Bean jacket-SR0&page=men-s-paclite-stowaway-wading-jacket-with-Gore-Tex

If you don't have an LLBean near you, just call one and ask if they have the item on hand for $99. If so, believe they will ship it to you free of charge. They didn't have my size so they told me to call another store.
Yeah, I knew it wasn't Gore-Tex but I don't have many issues as long as the base layers I am wearing are good. That is a good deal on the PacLite. I'll have to see what I can do there. There isn't a Bean store anywhere near here.
Old 11-22-2013, 03:21 PM

dakotakid has a spectacular aura aboutdakotakid has a spectacular aura aboutdakotakid has a spectacular aura about

Called another store and found an LLBean PacLite jacket in my size for $99, free shipping and they throw in a $10 gift card that has to be used by Feb. 2014.
eastfly66 likes this.
Old 11-22-2013, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakotakid View Post
Called another store and found an LLBean PacLite jacket in my size for $99, free shipping and they throw in a $10 gift card that has to be used by Feb. 2014.
Gotta give that a shot tonight.
Old 11-22-2013, 03:24 PM

vanceinak is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastfly66 View Post
I see it for about $150. Do you think it will take some abuse ? does it block the wind or are you wearing wind stopper layers under it ? I don't want to be replacing it every 2 yrs. been there and done that ....
Mine seems to be holding up well. Stops the wind well. Bass pro shows it for 100 with free shipping on any 100 purchase. Only 1 review there but its 5 stars on an alaska trip

Matthew 6:33
"But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."
Old 11-22-2013, 06:30 PM

eastfly66 will become famous soon enougheastfly66 will become famous soon enough

I just found out the Filson Cover cloth wading jacket is being DISCONTINUED and is on sale for $159.00 from $300.