The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2010, 08:48 PM

sevenmxf is on a distinguished road
Default First Timers: Me & My Son on the Battenkill Today

I'm thinking that at some point, when I'm older and grayer that today might be one of those turning points. Sure felt like one. I'm new to the forum, new to fly fishing. Had great expectations as we headed east on 29 into eastern NY towards the Battenkill this morning at 5am. No, we didn't catch anything. As a matter of fact, I managed to lose a sulphur emerger and a BWO on snags. What we gained, however, I believe is something that I'll take with me the rest of my life and maybe there'll be a little for my son to bring along as well. After 43 years, today was new and I think I found something that'll keep me happy for many years. Greetings to all. I hope to become part of the community here. Hope to fish with some of you as well.

Cheers!
Michael
Old 08-01-2010, 11:30 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: First Timers: Me & My Son on the Battenkill Today

Michael: Welcome to the forum and the great sport of fly fishing! Thanks for posting your trip report despite the lack of success, but that happens to all of us on occasion. Getting to fish with your son is always something special and something to be treasured!

Larry
Old 08-02-2010, 10:49 PM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Michael,
Welcome to the community. I look forward on your future posts.

MP
Old 08-03-2010, 12:17 AM

driftless will become famous soon enoughdriftless will become famous soon enough

Michael,
Absolutely brilliant TR!

Tight lines,
Don
Old 08-03-2010, 01:17 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Hi Michael,

Good to hear such enthusiasm, keep posting and don't let the glow wear off your experience.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 08-03-2010, 01:22 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Mike
Old 08-07-2010, 01:09 PM

atlaw will become famous soon enoughatlaw will become famous soon enough

Michael, I know what you mean. Last year I got a chance to fish with my youngest(he lives in the East and I in Mexico). We didn't catch many but had chance to be in the woods on athe river by ourselves. Excellent, excellent stuff. At the end of the day when we were at the car he told me "Dad, you should be a guide, I had a great time today". I'm no expert fly guy but I felt like one then. Welcome.
Old 08-07-2010, 08:11 PM

Jimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant future

Michael.
Old 08-07-2010, 09:15 PM

Lambchop is on a distinguished road

Michael,
It's not the catching. Contrary to popular belief, it's never about the catching. Enjoy the experience.
Steve