The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2013, 02:50 PM

rockriver is just really nicerockriver is just really nicerockriver is just really nicerockriver is just really nice
Default Re: What's your favorite camera?

[QUOTE=Hardyreels;613339]Well.......... My favorite is an old Minolta SRT-100; all manual film SLR but then it's hard to find Kodachrome 25 or 64 these days so it is basically a conversation piece.

I found this on the 64. Sears.com. I like Fuji Velvia professional 50 ASA shot at 40 for more color saturation. I had my favorite camera, a Nikon Ftn stolen years ago. Now I use my 2 Nikon F4s as my mainstay with a 8008s as a backup. One of these days, I'll convert to digital.
Old 11-23-2013, 03:57 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

What held me back from going digital were a couple things. First me trepidations about anything new, secondly the fact that with Darkroom and other programs the craft of getting a good picture was somewhat diminished.

But there is always a light at the end of the tunnel, and it's not always the train. I do appreciate the ability to know right on the spot whether I got the image I was after. I also have had to remove spots from good photos when there was dust either on the lens filter or on my sensor. This used to be costly and time consuming to have a darkroom brush out the junk. Now I can do it myself. I have not gotten into layering. I've seen the results of people who are expert at software work on a digital image and the pctures are fabulous but often they are just a little too good.

I wish my photos were better but I pretty much use the same techniques that I did with film cameras. I take my pictures and don't engage in excessive doctoring to make the silk purse from the sows ear

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 11-23-2013, 04:08 PM

kayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to all

The only one I own, Panasonic FZ5 Lumix with 12x Optical Zoom, picked it up for 100.00. No need to worry about scratching it
Old 11-23-2013, 04:12 PM

christianfishn has a spectacular aura aboutchristianfishn has a spectacular aura aboutchristianfishn has a spectacular aura about

Waterproof cameras are awesome, I like underwater pictures of fish and every item Ive ever taken fishing ends up in the drink somehow or another. However, if the picture is good enough to allow me to remember the event thats good enough for me!