The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2013, 09:51 AM

r reese is just really nicer reese is just really nicer reese is just really nicer reese is just really nice
Default Pictures? I guess I'm dumb!

I have tried everything that I have been told, and still cant post pics . Wish someone could really explain it to me. I cant get them on photo bucket or this site. What the heck!!!
Old 11-28-2013, 09:56 AM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pictures? I guess I'm dumb!

So what exactly does "I can't get them on Photobucket" mean? I'll assume that you signed up for an account there, but can you upload photos to Photobucket?
Old 11-28-2013, 10:09 AM

r reese is just really nicer reese is just really nicer reese is just really nicer reese is just really nice

when I hit insert image icon it says to put in url how can I go to photo bucket I have pics in photo bucket

---------- Post added at 10:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 AM ----------

yes have pics in photo bucket now
Old 11-28-2013, 10:23 AM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

Ok that's great because from there, it's very simple! I'm assuming you're using either a Mac or PC and not a tablet or smart phone.

You will need to have at least 2 browser windows open. One for Photobucket and one here on NAFF.

Go to each picture you want to share here and on the right hand side, you'll see a box that says LINKS TO SHARE THIS PHOTO. Should be at the top right on your screen.

Look for the IMG.

Click on that link and it should flash yellow and say COPIED.

Then come back to NAFF and paste that in. DO NOT use the icons up above your reply window to insert image. You can Right click and paste or you can Control V (PC) or Command V (Mac) to paste links into the message reply box.

That will drop the link to the photo directly in your post. Then click Submit Reply and your post should now appear with a photo

Last edited by jaybo41; 11-28-2013 at 10:46 AM.
Old 11-28-2013, 10:43 AM

got it to flash yellow under img codes but now how to get to forum post don't know how to paste or whit icon to use help im sorry

---------- Post added at 10:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 AM ----------

Click the image to open in full size.

---------- Post added at 10:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 AM ----------

holly s#@% I got it!! thanks Jay
Old 11-28-2013, 10:44 AM

Looks like you've got it figured out. NICE! Great photo by the way!
Old 11-28-2013, 10:47 AM

will try this againClick the image to open in full size.

---------- Post added at 10:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 AM ----------

one moreClick the image to open in full size.
jaybo41 and yonder like this.
Old 11-28-2013, 10:49 AM

yonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the rough

the only problem i have is remembering how to post pictures three months from now.......I always have to relearn over and over again.......

Here I walk slowly, deliberately, taking it one step, one trout, one sunset at a time. -Harry Middleton
Old 11-28-2013, 10:51 AM

Yes! Thanks that was killing me

---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

after all this I wont forget thanks againClick the image to open in full size.
jaybo41 likes this.
Old 11-28-2013, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonder View Post
the only problem i have is remembering how to post pictures three months from now.......I always have to relearn over and over again.......
One thing that's helped me bookmark certain threads to to speak is to give them a rating. If you look just above the first post, you'll see Thread Ratings. When you see one that you like, rate it. Then when you browse to the section of the forum that you want to see, sort by Rating. The only catch is you will need to remember which section your post came from. Sometimes it takes a little while to hunt it down.

There are also some stickies at the top of most if not all of the individual threads that are worth a look.

---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by r reese View Post
Yes! Thanks that was killing me

---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

after all this I wont forget thanks againClick the image to open in full size.
You're on a tear! Great to see you posting away and adding photos. LOL
yonder likes this.