The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2008, 06:56 PM

aaron otto is on a distinguished road
Default First Post - Hello

Wow first time here to this sight, I look in galleries and see this;

Click the image to open in full size.

A Picture I took with this sites copy right logo on it - That picture is coming out in an article this summer in a National Magazine. I'm pretty sure I never gave this site permission to post it let alone copy right it. So please who ever the admin is take it down or send me a check. Either way this is really poor form from a site with such notable contributors. I'm very disappointed.

Aaron Otto
Old 02-19-2008, 07:29 PM

Default Copy Right Infringement

Copy Right Infringement
Old 02-19-2008, 07:31 PM

aroostookbasser has a spectacular aura aboutaroostookbasser has a spectacular aura aboutaroostookbasser has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: First Post - Hello

Ouch........

Can we get a trackback on the upload?

"As The deer Thirts For Water, I thirst for you Oh Lord"

North Woods Wanderings
Adventure into the North Woods.......

"Aroostook Flyers and Tyers"
Old 02-19-2008, 07:42 PM

I guess I'm not sure how back track an upload - i've only been a member for an hour- The sad thing is I wouldn't have cared if it was up on the site, but the copy right symbol on it seems just wrong to me. I don't want the editor of the mag thinking the photos aren't mine to begin with and canning the article, if they happen to come across that same picture. I mean it was like in the second refresh of the random shots I saw it the first two minutes I was looking at the gallery. Just seems dirty to me.
Old 02-19-2008, 08:26 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi Aaron,

Sorry that you have a problem. Can you tell me where you saw that photo. It has to be in the photo gallery some where. The forum has no control over what members post. Photo owners who don't want their photos copied and posted protect their images from being copied. Do you have this picture copy righted? This photo is apparently posted on the WEB some place and has be copied and posted on NAFFF. If you had planned on using it in an article it should not have been posted with out copy protection. Anything posted on the NAFFF becomes the property of NAFFF. Now if copy protected information in posted on the forum that is a different story.

You should have sent a PM to me or one of the moderators and we would have checked it out for you. Any photo posted in the gallery gets the copy right message. You should not be disappointed in NAFFF as it has done nothing wrong.

I will be glad to work with you on removing the photo if you are the owner. The best way is to use a PM but if you want to do it on the open forum that is fine also.

Frank
Old 02-19-2008, 08:42 PM

The first thing I did was send an email to the admin - it hasn't been returned yet. Just remove my photo and I'll delete the posts. You won't have to worry about my participation here I won't be a burden to you.

Aaron
Old 02-19-2008, 09:07 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Looks to me like maybe your beef should be with "Roughrider" and not the site.

Here's a link to where the photo is on the NAFFF site, under Roughrider's gallery. The North American Fly Fishing Forum

"Whoever said happiness comes with sunshine, has never known a Steelhead fisherman who prays for Fall rains."

Old 02-19-2008, 09:14 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

According to Roughrider's profile, he was viewing this thread just 13 minutes ago. Is it just a coincidence that he happens to be online right now?

"Whoever said happiness comes with sunshine, has never known a Steelhead fisherman who prays for Fall rains."

Old 02-19-2008, 09:18 PM

I don't really know how to delete the post or I would - please just delete it for me. I'm not trying to make problems for anyone. I just have issue with some one putting their copy right on a picture that they didn't take. Since that is general policy here - I have no desire to even attempt to change that. Keep the picture as far as I'm concerned I have 40 other ones in the same sequence and all the RAWS. I will let the editor know tha the picture has been posted out on the web and appoligize to them for it being out there. hopefully they won't pull the article, and I will just chalk this up as lessoned learned.

Truly not my intention to create problems for your website it just doesn't feel right to me to see something that belongs to some one else with another's copy right symbol on it. I'm not familiar with the ways of your site, ovbiously I've only been registerd for a couple hours. Please delete the thread and I will go away like I never existed.

Aaron
Old 02-19-2008, 09:24 PM
Super Moderator

May I suggest that you send a private message to the member that posted the photo? Obviously, he has access to a photo you are claiming as yours. If it were my photo and someone else posted it, I would confront the party and not the site.

As upset as you were in your initial post, I would think you would want to pursue something with the person who "gave" "your photo" to the site and not the site itself. They have no way to prove what belongs to who, but this The North American Fly Fishing Forum will take you right to the person who posted "your property."