The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree134Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2014, 05:19 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flies for Project Healing Waters and Casting for Recovery

Wjl: Your fly assortment arrived today in the mail. Thanks so much for helping with the CFR and PHW's fly donation!

Larry

Old 03-20-2014, 01:51 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Strap44 and Bear_007 your beautiful fly assortments arrived today, thanks so much for the very generous donations!

Larry

Old 04-04-2014, 04:01 PM
Administrator

My plan is to send all the donated flies to the folks at CFR and PHW at the end of April, so if you indicated earlier that you wanted to contribute then please try to get your flies in by that time. Thanks!

Larry

Old 04-05-2014, 04:53 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

'Pass it on' first batch (for kids) when out earlier this week in the post; second (just cost too much money to mail) was picked up yesterday evening.

Two more large 'tubs' of stuff yet to go ... and "Pass it Forward." Amazing how much 'gear' you'll collect over 70 + years that can be put to good use elsewhere.

fae
mcnerney likes this.
Old 04-05-2014, 08:29 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
'Pass it on' first batch (for kids) when out earlier this week in the post; second (just cost too much money to mail) was picked up yesterday evening.

Two more large 'tubs' of stuff yet to go ... and "Pass it Forward." Amazing how much 'gear' you'll collect over 70 + years that can be put to good use elsewhere.

fae
Fred: I couldn't agree more, you are a good man and I'm blessed to have known you even though it is only through the internet!

Larry
ChrisinselwynNZ likes this.

Old 04-05-2014, 04:56 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
Fred: I couldn't agree more, you are a good man and I'm blessed to have known you even though it is only through the internet!

Larry
Very kind words, many thank you's

Pass it forward started with my four year old daughter sitting in my lap playing with feathers. Then I got her to actually tie one and took her fishing. Have to think back but a 7 foot Boo in a rental row boat. Well just dragging two 'Carry Special' (sp?) around to be honest on mono line and a couple of split shots for weight. She's reading to me and I'm two hard strokes on the oars and drift.

Butt of a rod under each foot and JULIE YOU HAVE A FISH ON! Then one on both. Talk about a 'cluster .....' for the next few minutes. But she landed both.

God was on her side, she hooked good sized trout. Her screams could be heard a mile away. Son (Gregory) first was a hell of a good sized winter run Steelhead. He/I fishing in the Sammish Slough in Marymore Park NE of Seattle ... I get a 'tap-tap' and missed the fish. Next cast 'tap-tap' and missed the bloody fish.

'Greg, cast right there and count to three and set the hook.' First couple weren't 'right there' but number three was. GAME ON. Fish landed and best part was a tourist from Hawaii comes by after a couple of: 'Dad, the fish is too heavy to carry, but if someone comes by, hand it back.' I could understand, fish clocked in at close to 17 pounds.

Photo taken with the 'Prize.'

Still have that picture here in my office.

Wish I had one of Julie's. But the mind/memory is still clear as a bell. God could that girl scream!

Maybe someone else's four year old? That would be good.
Fred
mcnerney and ChrisinselwynNZ like this.
Old 04-13-2014, 03:40 PM

flyfishmich has a spectacular aura aboutflyfishmich has a spectacular aura about

Nice short write up in this months American Angler about the Project Healing Waters program
mcnerney likes this.
Old 04-13-2014, 06:03 PM
Administrator

Yes, I agree, I just read it this morning!

Larry
flyfishmich likes this.

Old 04-14-2014, 11:46 AM

hairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud of

Larry,

Just wanted to let you know that I'm loading a fair group of "bugs" into Box #1 to departure in your direction tomorrow. I've got something special in mind for Box #2, and should be done with that by mid-week...

Sorry that it's taken awhile, but with Emily's health slide and a challenge or two of my own, the sledding's been tough, my friend...

At any rate, please let me know when the package arrives in Wyoming...

Tight lines always, my friend...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
mcnerney likes this.
Old 04-14-2014, 01:27 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairwing530 View Post
Larry,

Just wanted to let you know that I'm loading a fair group of "bugs" into Box #1 to departure in your direction tomorrow. I've got something special in mind for Box #2, and should be done with that by mid-week...

Sorry that it's taken awhile, but with Emily's health slide and a challenge or two of my own, the sledding's been tough, my friend...

At any rate, please let me know when the package arrives in Wyoming...

Tight lines always, my friend...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
Jerry

Thanks, much appreciated! No worries on the timing, I'm not planning on sending the flies and boxes to CFR and PHW until the end of the month to give everyone that wants to contribute time.

Larry