The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree134Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2013, 07:56 PM

calftail is a splendid one to beholdcalftail is a splendid one to beholdcalftail is a splendid one to beholdcalftail is a splendid one to beholdcalftail is a splendid one to beholdcalftail is a splendid one to beholdcalftail is a splendid one to behold
Default re: Flies for Project Healing Waters and Casting for Recovery (2014)

I'll send up some flies. Count me in.
mcnerney likes this.
Old 11-30-2013, 02:32 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by calftail View Post
I'll send up some flies. Count me in.
Thanks, much appreciated!

Larry

Old 11-30-2013, 08:31 PM

fishenfool is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
Dewayne: The Casting for Recovery retreats are all trout, not sure of the PHWs, but I think they would gladly accept anything we can provide them.
Pretty sure that Project Healing Waters is mostly trout.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
Old 12-01-2013, 08:10 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishenfool View Post
Pretty sure that Project Healing Waters is mostly trout.
West Coast is an interesting place to fish if you want 'trout' in the mix. Most of Western Washington, Oregon, and California are 'devoid' of trout streams with any kind of population. The Eastern half of the first two and the Sierra Mountains, a whole new game plan. Think Salmon and Steelhead in the western parts.

Follow CFR pretty closely and much of what they do is the 'teach' (and a damned good job of it I might add!) but to fish you probably have quite a drive to get there. Obvious EXCEPTION would be lake fishing. Most are well stocked by the respective Fish and Game folks.

fae
Old 12-02-2013, 06:40 AM

hairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud of

Larry,

You can count me in as well. In fact, if you don't mind, I'll up the ante and include some flies from my "ready to kick off" tying classes with "my kids." The class of 2013-2014 has a few returning students who are solid tiers, and I'll supplement the collections with some of my own.

When the flies arrive sometime early in 2014, please remember that the flies from "my kids" may not be tying perfection. But, they will have been wrapped with as much devotion to the cause by a very special group of youngsters...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
Old 12-02-2013, 08:09 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairwing530 View Post
Larry,

You can count me in as well. In fact, if you don't mind, I'll up the ante and include some flies from my "ready to kick off" tying classes with "my kids." The class of 2013-2014 has a few returning students who are solid tiers, and I'll supplement the collections with some of my own.

When the flies arrive sometime early in 2014, please remember that the flies from "my kids" may not be tying perfection. But, they will have been wrapped with as much devotion to the cause by a very special group of youngsters...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
Jerry: Thanks, the gals at Casting for Recovery will really appreciate receiving flies from you and your kids!

Larry

Old 12-02-2013, 02:38 PM

gr8outdoorz has a spectacular aura aboutgr8outdoorz has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
Physically unable to tie at this point (Parkinson's) but how about fly boxes?

Fred
Larry,

Count me in!! As soon as I send out the flies for the winter swap(wednesday) I will whip up a dozen for CFR and send them to you. Since our friend Fred can't tie right now, I will tie up a dozen for his contribution as well. Thanks for posting for a great cause!

Carlton
calftail likes this.
Old 12-02-2013, 03:19 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8outdoorz View Post
Larry,

Count me in!! As soon as I send out the flies for the winter swap(wednesday) I will whip up a dozen for CFR and send them to you. Since our friend Fred can't tie right now, I will tie up a dozen for his contribution as well. Thanks for posting for a great cause!

Carlton
Carlton: Sounds great, much appreciated and thanks for thinking of Fred!

Jimmie: Your fly donation came in today's mail, looking good! Thanks again!

Larry

Old 12-02-2013, 07:02 PM

calftail is a splendid one to beholdcalftail is a splendid one to beholdcalftail is a splendid one to beholdcalftail is a splendid one to beholdcalftail is a splendid one to beholdcalftail is a splendid one to beholdcalftail is a splendid one to behold

Glad to see the list of tyer's is growing for you Larry. So far I have 6 dozen ready and I am waiting mail order material to continue tying one of the flies I think the folks can really use.

To keep the thread interesting ..here's a pic of "waiting for the head cement to dry".....

Click the image to open in full size.
mcnerney likes this.
Old 12-02-2013, 10:31 PM

comeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant future

Nice work everyone , I'll be interested to see the grand total we can donate. I posted this in my other thread on my "winter project" but my winter project is a box full,to donate

2 doz hot wire RS2 were completed yesterday.

For those of you in Colorado fishing tail waters, these in a size 20 are killer for me.

Will be filling up both sides

And the magic fly

mcnerney and calftail like this.

"Snap it" Hank Patterson