The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree134Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2013, 12:46 AM

gzarboni is a glorious beacon of lightgzarboni is a glorious beacon of lightgzarboni is a glorious beacon of lightgzarboni is a glorious beacon of lightgzarboni is a glorious beacon of lightgzarboni is a glorious beacon of light
Default re: Flies for Project Healing Waters and Casting for Recovery (2014)

Hi Larry,
I am not the best tier as I have just started. I am pretty good at wooly worms and wooly buggers! I would love to donate some of them. I will put in my best effort and get a dozen of each for you.
Glen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Liphookedau and calftail like this.

"There are no traffic jams along the extra mile"

http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/fo...logs/gzarboni/
Old 12-03-2013, 08:55 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzarboni View Post
Hi Larry,
I am not the best tier as I have just started. I am pretty good at wooly worms and wooly buggers! I would love to donate some of them. I will put in my best effort and get a dozen of each for you.
Glen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Glen: Glad to have you helping out, much appreciated! Wooly worms and wooly buggers work almost everywhere so the gals at CFR and guys in the PHW programs will always be able to use them.

Also a big thanks to Duker who has volunteered to help out.

Larry

Old 12-03-2013, 05:28 PM

calftail is a splendid one to beholdcalftail is a splendid one to beholdcalftail is a splendid one to beholdcalftail is a splendid one to beholdcalftail is a splendid one to beholdcalftail is a splendid one to beholdcalftail is a splendid one to behold

You would think a fly shop in Denver would have a Natural Hare's Mask, stopped by 4 shops and nada.....had to go online. I know I have one somewhere but it beats me where it is. Anyways... for the boys and gals, "Gold Ribbed Hare's Ear"......Click the image to open in full size.
mcnerney and comeonavs like this.
Old 12-07-2013, 05:27 PM

comeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant future

Knocked out 2 dozen of the easy ones today ( Poison Tung ) second row

Click the image to open in full size.
mcnerney and von behr like this.

"Snap it" Hank Patterson
Old 12-07-2013, 06:00 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

A bunch of sweet looking flies, the folks at CFR/PHW are going to be really impressed and I'm sure very thankful!

Larry

Old 12-07-2013, 06:37 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

I'll tie a dozen for each group.
mcnerney likes this.
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 12-07-2013, 08:34 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboz View Post
I'll tie a dozen for each group.
Thanks John, much appreciated!

Larry

Old 12-08-2013, 12:42 PM

comeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant future

2 doz size 20 peacock micro tube midges, with a opaque glass bead. Simple fly but a very effective one too

Bottom row

1 more row of midges then I begin on the left side of Nymphs like hares ear , PT etc etc
mcnerney, von behr and jpbfly like this.

"Snap it" Hank Patterson
Old 12-08-2013, 12:54 PM

Eddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to behold

Hi Larry,
Just got my tying gear unpacked since my move from the U.K. More than happy to help when do you need the flies?
mcnerney likes this.
Old 12-08-2013, 01:09 PM

von behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud of

Larry,

You are a saint for organizing this. It reflects positively on you, the members of this forum, and the fly fishing community as a whole. At the end of the day, it is our experiences in life that truly matter. Being able to provide positive experiences to those who have sacrificed so much is the very least we can do.

Project Healing Waters is an outstanding organization and worthy of our support.

I'm in.

-Eric
mcnerney and jpbfly like this.