The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree134Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2014, 08:55 PM

Liphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud of
Default re: Flies for Project Healing Waters and Casting for Recovery (2014)

Hi Larry.
Hopefully in The next week I'll get The Flies away for CFR & PHW as I've Finished The Swaps & all I have to do is Tie a few Extras.
Brian.
mcnerney likes this.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:40 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by comeonavs View Post
Happy Days are here (snow helped too) I completed the project today. After finishing the Tungsten Surveyors last night I finished a dozen Hot Wire Prince Nymphs today for the box

I still have your adress Larry I will try and get them to the post office Monday. I leave for Toronto Tuesday so will try to get them out before I leave for the week.

Click the image to open in full size.

Left Side Contains
1-Doz Green Franks Flashy 1 Doz Orange Franks Flashy size 14
2-Doz CDC Red Pheasant Tails size 16
2-Doz Tungsten Surveyor size 14
1-Doz Hot Wire Prince size 14
2-Doz Skinny Nelson size 16
2-Doz Barr Emerger BWO size 18

Right Side (Midges)
2-doz Rainbow Warriors size 18
2-doz Deep Blue Poison Tung size 18
2-doz Tailwater Tiny variation size 20
2-doz Hot Wire RS2 size 20
2-doz JuJubee midge size 20
2-doz Peacock Micro Tube Midge size 20

Comeonavs: Your flies arrived, they are absolutely gorgeous, the folks at Casting for Recovery and Project Healing Waters will truly be amazed at this generous gift, well done sir!

Larry
littledavid123 likes this.

Old 01-09-2014, 04:04 PM

comeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
Comeonavs: Your flies arrived, they are absolutely gorgeous, the folks at Casting for Recovery and Project Healing Waters will truly be amazed at this generous gift, well done sir!

Larry
Glad to hear they arrived. I am sitting here in the Toronto Canada airport and was wondering if they made it.

It was a fun project, except now I want to tie one of those identically for me. Wife might kill me
mcnerney likes this.

"Snap it" Hank Patterson
Old 01-22-2014, 04:11 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Eddie O'Neill's flies arrived in the mail today, absolutely gorgeous work, I wish my photography skills showed how nice these flies truly are. Thanks again Eddie for the fly donation and the generous help with postage, much appreciated!

[IMG]Click the image to open in full size.[/IMG]

Larry
comeonavs and bear 007 like this.

Old 01-23-2014, 02:40 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liphookedau View Post
Hi Larry.
Hopefully in The next week I'll get The Flies away for CFR & PHW as I've Finished The Swaps & all I have to do is Tie a few Extras.
Brian.
Brian: Your flies arrived in the mail today. Thanks again for the donation to Casting for Recovery and Project Healing Waters and also the extras!

Larry

Old 01-23-2014, 08:12 PM

ghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud of

Hey Larry - Throwing in a bunch of extra dries I've tied up in the Midge swap that I'd like to donate.
I'll be shipping it all out tomorrow.
mcnerney likes this.
Old 01-23-2014, 08:16 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghocevar View Post
Hey Larry - Throwing in a bunch of extra dries I've tied up in the Midge swap that I'd like to donate.
That is awesome, thanks so much for the help, the gals and guys at CFR and PHW's will truly enjoy your donation!

Larry

Old 01-28-2014, 05:45 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghocevar View Post
Greg: Your flies arrived in the mail today, beautiful work indeed! Also thanks for the extras, the help with the postage and that plastic fly box will certainly come in handy getting all these flies packaged up and off to the gals and guys at Casting for Recovery and Project Healing Waters!

[IMG]Click the image to open in full size.[/IMG]

Larry
jpbfly, Eddie O'Neill and ghocevar like this.

Last edited by mcnerney; 01-28-2014 at 06:24 PM.
Old 01-29-2014, 04:12 PM

ghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud of

Glad I could help out again with these 2 great causes Larry!
mcnerney likes this.
Old 02-11-2014, 08:59 AM

strap44 is on a distinguished road

Are there any specific flies that either organization could use more of/would prefer. Im always eager help a good cause. Im just learning to tie so if I tie anything half decent ill set them aside, otherwise I'm takin a day to run to some fly shops at the end of the month and can put a box or two together hopefully.