The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree105Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2013, 10:05 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Flies for Project Healing Waters and Casting for Recovery

We have a an active thread going on discussing what you do with all your flies (see below) so that got me to thinking that maybe it is time to start a thread requesting flies for both Project Healing Waters and Casting for Recovery programs. If you have any flies that you would like to donate or are willing to tie up six or maybe a dozen for those two great organizations, that would be wonderful. The flies don't need to be all the same pattern, but they do need to be unused flies. I already have two dozen streamers that Eunan has donated from the recent swap and JP has also donated his flies, which are in the mail system at the moment.

The Project Healing Waters fly donation will be going to the group at Fort Belvior for the Wounded Warriors Program (thanks to Silver for reminding me of that great group of folks in need of some flies). At this point I'm not sure whether or not the Wyoming Casting for Recovery program will need flies or not for this years retreat, the gal that runs that program has been busy caring for her husband who is undergoing treatment for throat cancer (non-smoker), so at this point I will just collect flies for CFR in general, not knowing which organization will receive the flies. If your willing to donate flies to either Project Healing Waters or Casting for Recovery, send me a PM and I will forward my address.

What do you do with all the flies?

Volunteers helping out:
s. fontinalis............flies received!
jimmie...................flies received!
jpbfly.....................flies received!
bear 007................flies received!
calftail...................flies received!
theboz...................flies received!
comeonavs.............flies received!
eddie O'Neill...........flies received!
liphookedau............flies received!
mcnerney...............flies completed!
ghoceva.................flies received!
fishiowa.................flies received!
fredaevens.............fly boxes received!
flyfishmich.............flies received!
hairwing530 & his kids.......two each 2014 "Fly Box 80" collection flies received!
gzarboni.......flies received!
wjl...............flies received!
strap44.........flies received!
bear_007......flies received!
chrisinselwynNZ......flies received!
ia trouter......flies received!
ctshooter
gr8outdoorz
duker
von behr
randyflycaster
finisher

Larry
imxer, Hardyreels, jpbfly and 6 others like this.

Larry

Last edited by mcnerney; Today at 07:33 AM.
Old 11-29-2013, 10:08 AM

comeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud of
Default Re: Flies for Project Healing Waters and Casting for Recovery

Give me a few months and this will be ready.....

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 11-29-2013, 10:41 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks in advance! No need to hurry, I'm asking for flies do be distributed to PHW and CFR in the late spring time frame (probably late April), so we have several months to tie.

Larry

Larry
Old 11-29-2013, 11:24 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: Flies for Project Healing Waters and Casting for Recovery

Physically unable to tie at this point (Parkinson's) but how about fly boxes?

Fred
mcnerney likes this.
Old 11-29-2013, 02:27 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
Physically unable to tie at this point (Parkinson's) but how about fly boxes?

Fred
Fred: We totally understand you can no longer tie, but I'm sure the folks at PHW or CFR would love a fly box donation from you! Much appreciated for the gift.

Larry

Larry
Old 11-29-2013, 02:30 PM

ia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of light

Larry

Do you know if these events are strictly trout fishing? I am going to tie some stuff to send with my swap flies that are leaving here real soon.

Dewayne
Old 11-29-2013, 05:05 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Flies for Project Healing Waters and Casting for Recovery

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
Fred: We totally understand you can no longer tie, but I'm sure the folks at PHW or CFR would love a fly box donation from you! Much appreciated for the gift.

Larry
Have a brand new Wheatley on my desk and will pick up a few more 'boxes' next week and forward on. Saw your PM but not going to open same so I don't do something stupid and loose your address.

Fred
mcnerney likes this.
Old 11-29-2013, 05:09 PM

ctshooter has a spectacular aura aboutctshooter has a spectacular aura about

Count me in, great way to support my Brothers and Sisters in Arms who are having a rougher time then I am.
mcnerney and fredaevans like this.
Old 11-29-2013, 05:17 PM

Thumbs up Re: Flies for Project Healing Waters and Casting for Recovery

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctshooter View Post
Count me in, great way to support my Brothers and Sisters in Arms who are having a rougher time then I am.
My signature line: ""We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." – Winston Churchill"

Nothing has changed in 50-60 years. 'Bless them all, Bless them all, the young the long, the short and the tall ...."

Frederick A. Evans
mcnerney likes this.
Old 11-29-2013, 05:59 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ia_trouter View Post
Larry

Do you know if these events are strictly trout fishing? I am going to tie some stuff to send with my swap flies that are leaving here real soon.

Dewayne
Dewayne: The Casting for Recovery retreats are all trout, not sure of the PHWs, but I think they would gladly accept anything we can provide them.

Larry

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctshooter View Post
Thanks, much appreciated! I sent a PM with my address to send the flies to, just realize there is no hurry, we will be collecting flies until April 2014.

Larry

Larry