The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2013, 02:27 PM

stimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud of
Default 2013 may be best year ever...

I have managed to have to work 45 to 50hrs a week except a few weeks vacation this year.I also have managed to turkey hunt 10 days,fly fish 35 days,and deer hunt 27 days.Now i'm covered up at work with the year quickly winding down and i may not get out before the year is over but i'm going to try.My early fishing was good then turkey season rolled in and i done well but we got Ann a great bird.
Click the image to open in full size.
Then it was more fishing and that lead to me catching the biggest fish i have ever caught on a fly and the second and third largest,18"Brown.
19" Brown.
22"Brown
As summer turned to fall i started deer hunting.Here are some views from the stand.
After my bow hunting trip my daughter (Sara) told me her goal was to kill her first deer ,i said ok i'll take you,after her attempt last year when she was afraid to be out in the dark even with me, she faced her fear and went on Nov.2.We got in the blind just at first light.
After 45mins later she took her first deer a nice 120" 8pt.
I don't know who was more excited me or her,she was shaking ,crying with excitment and me being a dad about to pop was fist pumping and feeling the excitment as well.She took this deer with the 30/30 that her brother,my girlfriend Ann and me all took our first deer with.A week later while i was spending a week with Eli (my son) and Ann only got to stay a couple days with us, i took this buck.
I also spent a week hunting with my Dad,Sara,and Ann at Thanksgiving but not as much luck as early in the month.I have truely been blessed this year with family and friends in the opportunities to spend time doing what i enjoy.So in saying this if it all ended now and i hope it doesn't 2013 may be the best year ever in my life that all things seemed to come together.May everyone who reads this have a wonderful Christmas & a Happy New Year,and just once in a lifetime experience what i have enjoyed the past year.
Old 12-11-2013, 04:43 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2013 may be best year ever...

Shannon: Congrats, it sure looks like a great year! I can only imagine how proud you were when your daughter got her first deer!

Larry

Old 12-11-2013, 05:38 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

What a season, seasons I guess Shannon!

The gobbler is looking huge I don't recall seeing the weight stated but by the look of the spurs and thickness of the beard I'm going to log my guess at 22 pounds give or take some but I lean toward the give a few ounces on that.

I used to like hunting them in both spring and fall. The fall bird that would come in silent was not as exciting as having one come hot to the 'Quaker Boy' but the suspense of knowing there was one stalking you as you sat silent was tremendous.

I'm happy to know you've had a good year because you're a good fellow

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 12-11-2013, 06:19 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 12-11-2013, 07:13 PM

repperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of light

Sure sounds like this year will be tough to beat for you. Beautiful animals you harvested there.

Ryan
Old 12-11-2013, 07:28 PM

cab has a spectacular aura aboutcab has a spectacular aura aboutcab has a spectacular aura about

My Dad & I didn't go out in the outdoors when I was growing up, for a variety of reasons.

Your daughter will not forget this, I promise you.

CAB
Old 12-11-2013, 08:02 PM

stimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud of

Ard
Ann's turkey was 23 lbs on the scales that was a close guess just by looking at a picture.
Old 12-11-2013, 08:10 PM

repperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimulator2 View Post
Ard

Ann's turkey was 23 lbs on the scales that was a close guess just by looking at a picture.

Looks like it was 3 or 4 by the tail feathers looks like, how long were the spurs?

Ryan
Old 12-11-2013, 10:30 PM

gr8outdoorz has a spectacular aura aboutgr8outdoorz has a spectacular aura about

Congrats on such a great year!!!

IMHO, there is not much better than doing the things you love with the people you love. I hope you and your family have many more great memories in the future.

Carlton
Old 12-11-2013, 11:35 PM

siege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant future

Congrats on a great season ! Thank you for sharing that with us, and thanks for the warm wishes !
I hope your seasons just get better as each year goes by, and that you and your family and friends continue to build on what you have started.
Merry Christmas to you and yours !