The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2014, 06:03 PM

craigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to behold
Default Fishpond Lodgepole Fishing Satchel

Well it finally arrived, and it is superb quality. I was surprised by the size. Way more space than I need but this will allow room for snacks and a bottle of water in the bottom. Lots of adjustment in the straps and even includes an adjustable waist belt to keep the satchel tight to your side if you want.

The only thing I was slightly disappointed in is that they were advertised as having a magnetic catch and this one didn't. A quick email and a reply 10 minutes later made me all bubbly in joy as to their response time and that was a last minute removal in design as the fuller the bag got the less the magnetic catch worked as it moved the catch too far apart. Well that fast response and back to poking holes for my HD Zingers and away I packed.

Lots of well designed storage and super comfortable to have on your side, I also love the old school waxed type canvas it is made out of.

Some complimentary pictures for the gear junkies, * note if this post makes you run out and spend money I can't legally be held responsible if you get stuck sleeping on the couch.

Hanging on the wall:

Click the image to open in full size.

Right side of the pack when worn:

Left side of the pack when worn:

Flap up:

The inerds:

Back of the pouch:

Only thing I would have liked would have been an attachment point inside for hanging my floatant holder but not a biggie.

Craig
Old 01-02-2014, 06:49 PM

eastfly66 is a jewel in the rougheastfly66 is a jewel in the rougheastfly66 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Fishpond Lodgepole Fishing Satchel

Nice ! I like that it has a belt too. Check out universal clip on D-rings, I got one from eBay the other day, very secure but the jaws may not fit on fabric too thick. It did attach to my Filson so I don't think you will have an issue. It will always attach to you fishing shirt and its only 4-5 bucks or so . I got some very nice boxes for short $$ to share pretty soon !
craigthor likes this.
Old 01-02-2014, 06:59 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

That is a cool bag, first bag, sling or vest gear holder that I like as well as my Filson Foul Weather vest. Hope Filson copies it...

Dave
eastfly66 and craigthor like this.
Old 01-02-2014, 07:09 PM

comeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant future

I like that, I can see it on a high mountain stream. You sneak up to a gin clear pool. From a safe distance you see a nice brook trout rising to the caddis hatch. Stealthily (is that a word) you remove your satchel, set it in the brush. Sneaking up to the hole, first cast beautifully placed fish on.

Angler wins the fight, walks over sits down and grabs a Gatorade from his satchel and watches the scenery for a while.

Grabs satchel and moves on to next hole

Nice Purchase, and I beg to differ on the not being held responsible. I am a gear junky.

"Snap it" Hank Patterson
Old 01-02-2014, 07:16 PM

eastfly66 is a jewel in the rougheastfly66 is a jewel in the rougheastfly66 is a jewel in the rough

I like that it has good size pocket/sleeves inside for boxes. The extra room gives you more options on size of boxes. I second Lil'Dave I would go for that if I didn't have the FWV. I wonder if Filson ever did make something like that?
Craig, did it come with wax to treat it too ?
Old 01-02-2014, 07:18 PM

craigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledavid123 View Post
That is a cool bag, first bag, sling or vest gear holder that I like as well as my Filson Foul Weather vest. Hope Filson copies it...

Dave
I'd hate to see the price if Filson copies it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comeonavs View Post
I like that, I can see it on a high mountain stream. You sneak up to a gin clear pool. From a safe distance you see a nice brook trout rising to the caddis hatch. Stealthily (is that a word) you remove your satchel, set it in the brush. Sneaking up to the hole, first cast beautifully placed fish on.

Angler wins the fight, walks over sits down and grabs a Gatorade from his satchel and watches the scenery for a while.

Grabs satchel and moves on to next hole

Nice Purchase, and I beg to differ on the not being held responsible. I am a gear junky.
Exactly is what I'm thinking, though I don't have much for mountain streams I do have many a place stealth is key.

Well I suppose you can blame me, that way you can owe me one on my next big purchase.

---------- Post added at 07:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastfly66 View Post
I like that it has good size pocket/sleeves inside for boxes. The extra room gives you more options on size of boxes. I second Lil'Dave I would go for that if I didn't have the FWV. I wonder if Filson ever did make something like that?
Craig, did it come with wax to treat it too ?
No wax treatment included, but it will accommodate many a fly box.
Old 01-02-2014, 07:26 PM

fly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to behold

Got one of these. Not bad for 19.99 and free shipping. Makes a wonderful fishing satchel. You will not live long enough to wear this thing out. If anyone is interested PM me and ill give you the url. The site has tons of different configurations of satchels,,etc.

eastfly66 and craigthor like this.
Old 01-02-2014, 07:36 PM

Vest are great but I think this and Filson are more comfortable. Nice advantage here is you can drop this on the bank if you wear your net on your back. Great, something else I will want to buy ....do they have treatment for this addiction ?
Old 01-02-2014, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastfly66 View Post
Vest are great but I think this and Filson are more comfortable. Nice advantage here is you can drop this on the bank if you where your net on your back. Great, something else I will want to buy ....do they have treatment for this addiction ?
They call it a credit card it will make you feel good after you get this in hand.

Just watch as there are 2 versions this is the 2014 version that was just released.
Old 01-02-2014, 07:47 PM

Craig, Thanks for reminding me ! There is a credit card bill somewhere on my desk under the fly boxes, fly line spec sheets , furled leader info and Renzetti vise. I should probably look at those blueprints too between tying midges and sowbugs !!!!!

hey I know, I'll put the prints under my vise, that way when the client calls and ask how its going I can say I'm working on them !!!!
comeonavs and craigthor like this.