The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2014, 06:25 AM

erik333 is on a distinguished road
Default The Walker's Cay Chronicles

hi There! - I'm a new member and wanted to reach out to everyone in my quest to find old tapes/DVD's of this classic series from ESPN. In particular I'm looking for the 1995/96/97 seasons to buy/trade. Hoping that someone out there might have taped the old shows and will read this. ESPN has no plans to re-air it currently and there are no outlets that sell the archived seasons. Hope to hear from someone!
Old 01-04-2014, 09:48 AM

rockriver is a splendid one to beholdrockriver is a splendid one to beholdrockriver is a splendid one to beholdrockriver is a splendid one to beholdrockriver is a splendid one to beholdrockriver is a splendid one to beholdrockriver is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: The Walker's Cay Chronicles

From Feather to Fish: Walker's Cay Chronicles Lives! Don't know if this will help or not; but, there are others on Google that might.
rickf, bear 007 and akruss like this.
Old 01-04-2014, 09:55 AM

okbow68 has a spectacular aura aboutokbow68 has a spectacular aura about

Man thanks for the link rockriver What a blast from the past. I know what I'll be doing this cold afternoon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
Old 01-04-2014, 11:55 AM

bear 007 is a splendid one to beholdbear 007 is a splendid one to beholdbear 007 is a splendid one to beholdbear 007 is a splendid one to beholdbear 007 is a splendid one to beholdbear 007 is a splendid one to behold

You've got two of these posts? Ive got a bunch of old VCR tapes buried down stairs, Walkers Cay and Fly Fishing the World mixed in with a bunch of other stuff. I don't even have a VCR anymore, no way to tell whats what, sorry. It was a great show.
rbinney likes this.
Old 01-04-2014, 09:32 PM

Thanks to those who replied. I actually was aware of the link that you provided. I've exhausted google and other search engines in my quest to find this series. All avenues have been a dead end. I know there are probably people out there (like bear 007) who may have what I'm looking for - now, I just have to locate them with the help of forums like this. If anyone else can help, please reply here, or send a private msg. thanks again.
Old 01-05-2014, 11:53 AM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Eric,
How about sending a private message through facebook directly to Flip? If anyone would have an idea of where to direct you, I would think he would.
https://www.facebook.com/flippallot
imxer likes this.

"I've never missed a Steelhead by waiting too long. It's true, but I've missed plenty trying to set the hook too quickly." Dec Hogan 'A Passion For Steelhead'

Old 01-05-2014, 08:06 PM

Hi fyshstykr- my search actually started with that very question to Flip himself via email when his website was up and running a while back. Strangely, he answered the email as if he were just another guy who used to watch the show- he had zero answers on who or where to direct me to. That's when I started contacting ESPN- which has not resulted in any success either. I've tried so many avenues, that I'm convinced that my only option at this point is to find someone out there who either bought the DVDs when they were on sale years ago- or who used to tape the shows on ESPN and may be willing to sell or trade with me.

Hoping some others out there will chime in with some WCC love!
Old 01-06-2014, 12:12 PM

rickf is just really nicerickf is just really nicerickf is just really nicerickf is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockriver View Post
From Feather to Fish: Walker's Cay Chronicles Lives! Don't know if this will help or not; but, there are others on Google that might.
thanks, rockriver!

I'll also be watchin' on this cold afternoon.
Old 01-10-2014, 07:43 PM

markm will become famous soon enoughmarkm will become famous soon enough

I used to love this show. It was on right at the time I was learning how to fly fish. I used to set my vcr to record it, wish i still had the tapes. One episode i remember and loved is Flip was fishing the everglades in a canue and caught a monstet bass off a top water fly.

Mark
Old 01-13-2014, 09:31 PM

Mark - that's one of the episodes I'm actually looking for - I think it was a 2 part episode. but if I recall, it was not the everglades - it was some river in north/central Florida and he would not reveal the exact location to the viewers because he didn't want all kinds of fishermen showing up there. That was a great episode.

Last edited by erik333; 01-14-2014 at 09:48 PM.