The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree49Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2014, 07:02 PM

fly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to behold
Default Toilet tissue

I've seen pictures of hunters and fishermen's (persons) gear by the millions I suppose..and I have YET to see a tube of toilet tissue.....or even baby wipes,,,amongest their gear. Are we ..at least us crude ol' men,,,really that socially sensitive that we wouldn't show the accessories of the call of nature amongest our gear ?

I'll be the first..here is mine,,I hang it off a zinger.

Click the image to open in full size.

Seriously though,thank about it,,it never shows up in our 'what we carry' pictures .

Mikey the Barbarian
mridenour, yonder and ia_trouter like this.
Old 01-06-2014, 07:10 PM

buddhist_palm is a jewel in the roughbuddhist_palm is a jewel in the roughbuddhist_palm is a jewel in the roughbuddhist_palm is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Toilet tissue

I have a roll in my trunk everywhere I ever go but it never has crossed my mind to photo it

Need it once and not have it then you will never want to not have it again
Old 01-06-2014, 07:21 PM

ia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of light

Been in the military 30 years and dealt with some less than optimum wiping conditions. But cheeze grater wipe? You sir are a bad, bad man.
fredaevans and runningfish like this.
Old 01-06-2014, 07:25 PM

TroutEd is on a distinguished road

FG, you gotta start getting more fiber. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-06-2014, 07:30 PM

eastfly66 will become famous soon enougheastfly66 will become famous soon enough

If it is an emergency you cut off a shirt sleeve.........
dean_mt and oldtownpaddler like this.
Old 01-06-2014, 07:50 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Leaves! Long as it's not 3 shiny ones with white berries !
fredaevans likes this.
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 01-06-2014, 07:52 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

I stick one of those small thin packs of baby wipes in the back of my vest and forget it. Also in my hunting backpack. If it happens to be year later and the need arises even a dried out baby wipe is better than a lot of options. And it is the reminder to get a new pack, and seal it in a zip lock!

The roll of TP behind the seat in the rig isn't of much value when nature calls. If find it most useful when you find an actual pit toilet at a camp site or access, because they are almost always devoid of TP...and there are no broad leaves, bunches of grass, or smooth rocks in there either!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
shotgunfly and yonder like this.
Old 01-06-2014, 07:54 PM

mikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud of

Ever cut the tail off your favorite shirt?
Old 01-06-2014, 08:08 PM

eastfly66 will become famous soon enougheastfly66 will become famous soon enough

went home with no sox a few times...........
Old 01-06-2014, 08:13 PM

siege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant future

I thought the reason they put cargo pockets on boy scout pants was just to carry some spare TP. One of the "practical " jokes the boys liked to play was to go around to all the outhouses in camp, and pour a canteen of water on the rolls of toilet paper. It doesn't work well when its soaked…
When the roll at home gets down to a quarter inch or so, flatten it out, put it in a zip lock sandwich bag, and you will "be prepared ". A foil pack of immodium and a little bottle of hand sanitizer in the bag can be of great comfort also