The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2014, 07:27 PM

reelnymph is on a distinguished road
Default simms wader size

I am 5'10" weigh 255 pounds with a 40-42" waist. What size simms waders would you recommend. I know I am a weird size and finding waders has always been a challenge. my closest shop is 2 hours a way and they seemed to think they probably wouldn't have something for me in stock. what size wold you recommend
Old 01-15-2014, 08:00 PM

mrp1 has a spectacular aura aboutmrp1 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: simms wader size

I love my Simms waders and boots. My waders are the G3 Guide Stockingfoot model. One of the many things I like about them is the number of sizes they have to accommodate an angler's waist size, inseam, and shoe size. Here is a link to their sizing chart. I wanted a certain size and my local fly shop was great about ordering it for me. Simms shipped them to the shop quickly and I had them in just a matter of days.

Mr. P.'s Blog
Old 01-15-2014, 08:00 PM

nctribute is on a distinguished road

Am 5'11" and 216 lbs, a large fit me pretty well, but I got a large king for the extra room for layering. The problem with going up in size could be the boot size. But I would try to get an XLS to try on. Not sure if I was much help. Wader is a G3.
Old 01-15-2014, 08:39 PM

pjcalla is on a distinguished road

I just bought the G3's and followed the size chart (but I did try them on before buying). One thing to note, is it's not your waist size, it's the largest girth from your waist to your chest. I have a 36" waist, but my chest is ~46". Another thing to note is that you plug your measurements into the chart, and get that size.

Here are my measurements:

6'0", 230, 32" inseam, ~46" chest, 10.5 shoe. I bought the XLS, and they fit perfectly.
Old 01-16-2014, 06:13 AM

eastfly66 is a jewel in the rougheastfly66 is a jewel in the rougheastfly66 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelnymph View Post
I am 5'10" weigh 255 pounds with a 40-42" waist. What size simms waders would you recommend. I know I am a weird size and finding waders has always been a challenge. my closest shop is 2 hours a way and they seemed to think they probably wouldn't have something for me in stock. what size wold you recommend
LK-SHORT

I ordered these @ 5"10 250 lbs. (42"waist) with a 49" chest. fit was perfect but a little tight in the chest if I layered up. If you order thru Cabalas you have to walk them thru it to get them a special order and make SURE they know what you want . Simms G3. I lost 40 lbs. (gut) fit is better but still have a 48" chest now.
You are good with LK-SHORT @ your current size.
Old 01-16-2014, 09:05 AM

comeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastfly66 View Post
LK-SHORT

I ordered these @ 5"10 250 lbs. (42"waist) with a 49" chest. fit was perfect but a little tight in the chest if I layered up. If you order thru Cabalas you have to walk them thru it to get them a special order and make SURE they know what you want . Simms G3. I lost 40 lbs. (gut) fit is better but still have a 48" chest now.
You are good with LK-SHORT @ your current size.
Good call Eastfly, you are probably spot on with that.

I am 6'1" 235 with a 38" waist and a size 11 shoe and I have the G4Z in Large King.

Sometimes I wish I had just got the large but in dead of winter when I layer up I'm glad I didn't .
Old 01-16-2014, 09:51 AM

eastfly66 is a jewel in the rougheastfly66 is a jewel in the rougheastfly66 is a jewel in the rough

I should have noted I have the stocking foot so I don't know about the boot size.