The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2014, 01:53 PM

double d is on a distinguished road
Default Fly Fishing Weekend (2-Day) Group Lessons

Hello All:

About to enter my third year of fly fishing (2014) and I already took a introduction to fly fishing course in E.Park Colorado back in 2012 (a great one day class btw). But I would be interested in knowing what your experiences are/have been with taking a weekend class for newer fly fisherman in S.W.Wisconsin Drift area (I haven't fished there yet, mainly in the Wellston, Mi. area)? The host is the Chicago Fly Shop, which is a really great place to shop, take a class and just talk fly fishing, great guys work there and the owners are good people as well.

Anyways, it seems like a great way to get to know other newer fly fisherman and the class instructors are very knowledgeable, but it looks to cover ground I've already learned about (certainly I am average at those skills like casting, etc. but can work on those skills on my own). any feedback is welcome on a cold, snowy January day in the Upper Midwest!

"It is ourselves that we conquer, not the mountain." Sir Edmund Hillary, 1959