The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2014, 03:36 PM

custommartini is on a distinguished road
Default Anyone in Seoul willing to show a newbie the ropes?

Hello all:

I hope this is in the appropriate section. I'm moving to Seoul for a year in March and am hoping that there is someone out there who is looking for a fishing partner, even if only for a short while. I'm from Hawaii and have no experience fishing trout or carp. Most of my fly fishing experience is fishing for bones.

Can anyone help a newbie out?
Old 02-01-2014, 04:28 PM

bigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Anyone in Seoul willing to show a newbie the ropes?

I have a friend who lives there in S Korea. Not sure how close he is to Seoul, but he is an avid angler. He's primarily a bass angler, and does some tournament fishing with conventional gear, but he also does some fly fishing.

He's also a pro staffer for one of the tackle manufacturers there too (thus the involvement in tournaments) & a Brit, but don't hold either one of those against him! He's a real great guy!

I would bet he knows enough folks there who can get you some help with finding your way around the fishing spots!

I can put you in contact with him if you like.

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!
Old 02-01-2014, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjim5589 View Post
I have a friend who lives there in S Korea. Not sure how close he is to Seoul, but he is an avid angler. He's primarily a bass angler, and does some tournament fishing with conventional gear, but he also does some fly fishing.

He's also a pro staffer for one of the tackle manufacturers there too (thus the involvement in tournaments) & a Brit, but don't hold either one of those against him! He's a real great guy!

I would bet he knows enough folks there who can get you some help with finding your way around the fishing spots!

I can put you in contact with him if you like.
Haha! Thank you bigjim, I would appreciate the connection. I'll not hold either against him as I my current job is that of a supervisor at a tackle shop here in Hawaii.
Old 02-02-2014, 12:18 PM

innes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to behold

There's a few Americans that have asked about fly fishing in Korea. The link below should get you started.

Fly Fishing in South Korea
Old 02-03-2014, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by innes View Post
There's a few Americans that have asked about fly fishing in Korea. The link below should get you started.

Fly Fishing in South Korea
Thank you for the link innes. I actually saw that when I did a google search. I was lurking on this forum for a bit and tries to PM the starter of that thread, but have not heard back from him. Thank you once again.